Talk

Advanced search

If leggings were banned for good what would you wear instead?

(4 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Fri 01-Jul-11 21:29:47

And if possible could you link please?

I love little tunics and dresses but often find them too short so leggings were great but not everyone agrees that they look good!

In the winter I can wear thick tights with dresses but what do I do in the summer?

I have lots of skinny jeans but I just love wearing dresses - so what could I do if there were no leggings?

Also - what do you really think of leggings?

bethelbeth Fri 01-Jul-11 21:32:26

Skinny jeans would work with a tunic or dress just as well to be honest. Or even a decent pair of flares. It all depends on the outfit.

I find a lot of tunics and dresses look like tops rather than dresses as they are so short so that gives free reign to wear whatever you like on your bottom half!

OneHelluvaBroad Fri 01-Jul-11 21:48:28

I think good quality, properly fitting long black leggings with a dress looks fine for a casual look. I wear them lots (so comfy!) ...but imo they look awful if your bum isn't covered and they cannot be worn for smart / dressy.

Zwitterion Sat 02-Jul-11 18:06:11

God knows. I hate wearing tights so wear leggings with dresses and boots in the winter too.

I'd be lost without leggings, although if they were banned could I wear really long socks instead please? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now