Talk

Advanced search

Really comfortable high heels for WIDE feet ?

(32 Posts)
TalkinPeace2 Fri 01-Jul-11 17:55:20

I love heels and am fine in the winter in various boots but cannot find posh heels for summer that are wide - insanely wide EEE with short toes
It would need to be a supplier on the high street as online companies version of wide never seems to come close
and please do not say Van Dal. I'm not 50 for another year or three!!

Madlizzy Fri 01-Jul-11 17:58:32

Try Evans. They do extra wide shoes.

TalkinPeace2 Fri 01-Jul-11 18:06:11

My feet are wide because they are wide, not because they are fat.
I'm 5'5 - 9st 6 : looking for KM type REAL heels !

ChippyMinton Fri 01-Jul-11 18:19:00

I was going to suggest M&S wide fit with Insolia, but there's not much choice ATM

LoveMyGirls Fri 01-Jul-11 18:20:14

New look and next do wide ranges. hth

Mumelie Fri 01-Jul-11 18:23:24

New Look ??

I also have short toes (not wide feet, they just end abruptly!). M&S good too but poss not high enough for you.

Or DUO???

HettyKett Fri 01-Jul-11 18:52:12

Evans, honest.

My feet are wide because they're wide and not because they're fat, too. They are VERY wide, past EEE really, I also have short toes. Great fun hmm Evans' shoes fit me. I was flabbergasted, but they do. I've not found any utterly fab heels there yet, but I only made the discovery a couple of weeks ago.

AandK Fri 01-Jul-11 18:52:19

Yes New Look do wide fitting I buy them as I have wide feet also Marisota are wide fit I know it sounds "a bit old lady" but they do some beautiful styles and different wide fittings and they have a sale on at the mo wink Xx

HettyKett Fri 01-Jul-11 18:55:09

I do need there extra wide fit though. The circumference of the widest part of my foot is greater than the length angry

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 01-Jul-11 18:57:01

Can you get to a Duo shop?

TalkinPeace2 Fri 01-Jul-11 21:25:01

duo looks interesting but a side affect of short toes (from ballet pointe work) is less than lovely toenails
so the
www.duoboots.com/products/shoes/detail/width_fitting_shoes/titania/438/colour/4-black_suede/shoesize/38/shoewidth/X/
is the nearest - but I'm not a suede fan
or fussy either LOL!
where do I find Marisota?
BTW I live in Southampton and can at a push make it to London for the weekend

many thanks so far btw

HettyKett Fri 01-Jul-11 21:47:01

Marisota. Too low for what you're after, I think. Do have some other nice stuff but not mych plain, black & high.

I will definitely be getting a couple of pairs from there.

evans. higher, satin though

Maryz Fri 01-Jul-11 22:01:13

Can I hijack your thread a little (sorry blush but I've never been in S&B before and don't want to start a thread and risk being ignored) and ask where you get your boots? dd is 14, size 5 and has very wide feet across the ball of her foot (not so wide at the heel). I would love to buy her a really nice pair of boots (if I see another pair of Primark imitation Uggs I might cry), but every pair she tries are too narrrow in the toe.

Apologies for hijack, but I'm avidly reading the advice here, because she also wants high heels, and her version of high is a bit higher than mine, and I'd never get her into Evans grin.

HettyKett Fri 01-Jul-11 22:06:13

patent black, high but side-less

HettyKett Fri 01-Jul-11 22:13:45

Maryz. Can't really help there, I usually end up in german brands.

Go on, start a thread, nobody will bite you wink

Hatesponge Fri 01-Jul-11 22:16:50

these from new look.

or these from Next.

I've bought wide fit shoes from both in the past which have been v comfortable.

HettyKett Fri 01-Jul-11 22:23:25

Really? THeir wide shoes are actually wide? I'm not in teh UK, would never have risked ordering from either of them.

Could you, would you, measure the circumference of the widest part of your foot? I hate paying 2x international postage and ending up with nothing. Mine is 26cm (am in a UK 6)

HettyKett Fri 01-Jul-11 22:24:39

(New Look I mean, Next say EEE, I'm astounded)

TalkinPeace2 Fri 01-Jul-11 22:37:46

Boots - I'll depress you here
my last pair was from M&S
the ones before that John Lewis
I have a gorgeous pair from New look but they are not quite wide enough so I cannot dance!

I'm utterly happy if this turns into a general wide feet thread
I get very sick of going into Brantano and shoezone and NOT ONE PAIR fitting

It would be nice if shoe makers were willing to make nice heels at nice prices for square feet!

Maryz Fri 01-Jul-11 22:42:51

Oh dear, touched a raw nerve have I grin. Sorry.

Someone told me to try Rocket Dog. They don't go anywhere near her shock. I must say, I quite like the M&S wide fitting footglove thingies for everyday for me, but I wouldn't consider my feet to be wide (maybe a bit fat blush), hers are half the length and much wider. New Look wide fit don't fit her either.

Hatesponge Fri 01-Jul-11 22:48:53

Hetty - Next are wider than New Look, they do 2 widths, wide and extra wide - the extra wide was a bit too wide for me. I think that might be the EEE one.

I've just meaured my foot (not 100% exact as we appear not to have any tape measures so I improvised with a bit of ribbon and a ruler from DS2's pencil case!) and it seems to be about 23-24cm.

I'd say that the width of the wide fit in New Look is just about right for me so may be a bit too narrow for you sad

TalkinPeace2 Fri 01-Jul-11 23:07:31

I'll come clean here
I used to pat £50 for van daal flats in 1991 (which were THE MOST comfortable work shoes)
I have my fave ever pair of knee length boots that cost £55 in 1989

on which prices aroud £100 to £150 is entirely reasonable to pay for the right pair of neutral court heels that I will wear over200 times...

kindlekid Sat 02-Jul-11 11:20:56

How about Simply Be? I have wide feet (short toes too!) and I have bought a few pairs from there.

I got lovely cowboy style boots that are great with jeans.

I also bought their cheap converse look-a-likes and found then comfortable.

They have E - EEE width on many styles

TattyDevine Sat 02-Jul-11 14:23:30

Have you tried Viva La Diva

here

They are who "serve" simply be and marisota, in other words you will find similar styles or the same shoes on those sites.

Evans do wide shoes, and many of them are nice. It doesn't matter if your feet are "just wide" or "fat", if they don't fit into normal shoes, try Evans! The shoes don't care! wink

Finallygotaroundtoit Sat 02-Jul-11 15:38:37

I'm often in my local Evans but finding the styles a bit too 'young' at the moment.
Another regular customer is a very chatty man who I presume cross dresses/likes to wear ladies shoes - the assistants seem to know him wellsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now