Talk

Advanced search

ethical, non-smudging mascara!

(5 Posts)
benetint Fri 01-Jul-11 15:20:49

I bought the Kanebo mascara on the recommendation of some lovely mumsnetters and I love it! However I've recently started to think more about the ethics of the products I buy and I worry this may have been tested on animals (does anyone know if it is?) If so could anyone recommend an equally fabulous mascara which isn't? Thanks loads!

Havingkittens Fri 01-Jul-11 17:20:08

MAC and Illamasqua are two brands that I know for sure don't test on animals. I've not tried Illamasqua's but I've never had any problems with MAC Mascara smudging. Zoom Lash is one of my favorites. There is a new brand available in Liberty's called Hourglass which isn't tested on animals, and contains no sulphates or parabens but it's £££!

MissFoodie Fri 01-Jul-11 19:56:12

come this way, I just reviewed 4!!!!:
http://yumetc.blogspot.com/

ps not waterproof though....you wont find one that is in skin friendly/chemical free unfortunately!

benetint Mon 04-Jul-11 12:59:58

Thank you both so much!

Havingkittens, I had no idea Mac didn't test on animals - what a great shout thank you! Oooh that Liberty's one sounds nice...dare I investigate the £££?

Hello Miss Foodie! I love your blog! It got me addicted to Balance Me toiletries (rose otto balm and salt scrub, yum!) Your mascara reviews are great!

Wow I have loads more choice than I thought then, yey!

MissFoodie Mon 04-Jul-11 16:43:57

there are a few more, I just haven't tried them so can't speak for flakiness etc: Inika, Dr Hauschka and Bellapierre

Re Hourglass - they're products are nice but they do contain silicones and mineral oil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now