Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Strapless Bras

(14 Posts)
SeymoreButts Fri 01-Jul-11 11:27:18

I tried this on yesterday. It did provide amazing support but was hideously uncomfortable, I can't imagine wearing it for more than 10 minutes without crying. Are there any strapless bras out there that support and feel comfortable?

Mytholmroyd Fri 01-Jul-11 14:37:46

I was going to get one of these:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Perfect-Memory-Foam-Underwired-Multiway/dp/B004R87JDW?extid=TP2_FRO_T_MSF

SarahPhilippson Fri 01-Jul-11 15:07:06

Hi,

Marks and Spencers can be a bit pricey so if you looking for something cheaper which I currently got a strapless bra from was undercover glamour.

I think it work with anything you wear

www.undercover-glamour.com/strapless-bra/

snice Fri 01-Jul-11 15:09:27

there is a test in this or last months Good Housekeeping mag that I read at my mothers that makes recommendations-sorry havn't got it here

snice Fri 01-Jul-11 15:09:46

meant to say buy you could look on their website

snice Fri 01-Jul-11 15:10:04

BUT-meant to say BUT fgs!

strawberryjelly Fri 01-Jul-11 15:17:20

I'd suggest La Senza- they have a few styles and i almost bought one but it was out of stock in my size.

SeymoreButts Sat 02-Jul-11 14:17:39

Thanks I will look at those! Will also have a look at good housekeeping too.

brighthair Sat 02-Jul-11 17:30:00

Have good housekeeping mag here. Winner wonderbra multi plunge. For sizes above a DD recommends panache porcelain strapless

SeymoreButts Sat 02-Jul-11 18:25:37

Thanks brighthair, I'm actually a D cup, so I might try out both!

willybreeder Sat 02-Jul-11 18:38:28

I'm surprised you found the Wonderbra uncomfortable, I love mine and I'm a 32DD. Are you sure it was the right size?

willybreeder Sat 02-Jul-11 18:39:15

I'm surprised you found the Wonderbra uncomfortable, I love mine and I'm a 32DD. Are you sure it was the right size?

SeymoreButts Sat 02-Jul-11 20:16:43

I'm a 32D, the one I tried seemed very tight around my rib cage, the band just seemed too wide and rigid. The support was great though, the same as a bra with straps really, but it felt a bit vice like!

Triphid Sat 02-Jul-11 20:24:05

seymore I tried on one of the Wonderbra Ultimates and it came up very tight around the rib cage. So I've ordered it one rib cage size up (i.e a 32 rather than a 30) and it seems to fit perfectly. I haven't used it 'in anger' yet, but it does seem to give a really nice shape. I suspect the sizing of these is a bit small so wonder if it's worth trying a size up?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: