Talk

Advanced search

how to clean a handbag.

(8 Posts)
ilovearnold Thu 30-Jun-11 21:54:56

Hi - i have leather bags with material lining - how do i clean the inside re marks - spills etc, and what is the best product for the leather outside?thanks ...

HeidiKat Thu 30-Jun-11 21:56:03

Try using leather wipes for the outside, you can get them in the pound shop or supermarket. Not sure about the inside, damp sponge maybe?

madammecholet Thu 30-Jun-11 22:00:54

Use collonil leather products on the outside, peony and Moore sell them or amazon. Use warm soapy water on the inside and allow to dry.

tethersend Thu 30-Jun-11 22:28:10

Baby wipes are good on the leather.

DonaAna Fri 01-Jul-11 14:13:38

I just bought a leather bag and the salesperson recommended Collonil products or just simple beeswax for the leather outside. (I got a big discount because there were a few scuff marks on the bag - I used a colorless leather wax and all the marks are gone.)

strawberryjelly Fri 01-Jul-11 16:13:45

which leather cleaner will remove make up from bags? I have a bad habit of touching my face and my foundation comes off, so my dark leather bags get a slight smear of foundation on them where I open them- looks like little white marks.

madammecholet Fri 01-Jul-11 16:48:04

Collonil is recommended by Peony & Moore (I bought it when I bought my Lucia off them) as well as Mulberry...I use it every few months and my bags come up beautifully. I would get the cream and work it into the marks...

collonil here

strawberryjelly Fri 01-Jul-11 16:50:39

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now