Talk

Advanced search

Which Morrocanoil product should I buy? It's 20% off...

(30 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 30-Jun-11 21:08:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jun-11 21:12:21

what is your hair like? mine is fine and i find the oil too heavy, but i have seen mucho mucho raving on here. i know it's good, i just can't get it to work. on dd's thick ringlets it is astonishingly lovely.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 30-Jun-11 21:42:06

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jun-11 22:08:06

i think you are supposed to leave it on. (of course this might be where i am going wrong...) bumping so that someone else can help.

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jun-11 22:09:04

btw you are viviandarkbloom, sometime nobdie and i claim my five pounds. grin

GeetTallBird Thu 30-Jun-11 22:11:00

Buy it! I have lots of long wavy hair and it makes it blow dry and straighten perfectly. I have the normal version, not the lite version even though I'm
blonde.

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jun-11 22:39:50

but what do you DO with it?

faustina Thu 30-Jun-11 23:09:19

after you've washed your hair, put a little bit on your hand and work it into your hair, then dry etc. Don't wash it off. I wash my hair every other day, and on the days i don't wash it, I also put some on my hair when it's dry, before straightening.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 30-Jun-11 23:26:19

PinotsEvilTwin Fri 01-Jul-11 10:50:08

Nope! Do it Viv! Mine is blondeyginger and is feeble and breaks easily...or it did <excited music> !!

I use a pump and one squirt on wet hair makes mine smoooooooth and strong. Alot less breakage over the last 6months. Amazing stuff. It absorbs into the hair, doesn't sit on top.

Aitch, are you putting it on at the roots? I have to use in from half way down my hair. Imagine pulling hair into a ponytail - the hair that free from the imaginary bobble is where I apply it. Smooth it in well, then the remnants on my palms ai Lightly swoosh over the top part of my hair.

Gutted I missed the sale sad

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 10:57:31

ah, my hair isn't long enough for a ponytail, this may be the problem.

PinotsEvilTwin Fri 01-Jul-11 11:03:23

Just use a teeny bit then. One pump (like a 5p size) does my hair. Mine is down to bra level iykwim. How are you after youknowwhat - OK? I hope you're OK.

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 11:05:24

cheers, yes. unfortunate the way it all went imo.

TrilllianAstra Fri 01-Jul-11 11:07:09

I finally caved and bought some of the "oil" (actually it's just a bottle of silicones, isn't it?) and it arrived Wednesday, so just too early to use the special offer!

Not sure about it yet. My hair seems ok today, but it's over £25 a bottle!

PinotsEvilTwin Fri 01-Jul-11 11:07:41

Agree. Onwards and upwards. Tis tomorrows virtual fish and chips paper.

PinotsEvilTwin Fri 01-Jul-11 11:08:48

ooh xpost Trills

It lasts ages...had mine 6m, use it every day without fail and about 1/5 left.

bellavita Fri 01-Jul-11 11:13:40

You put it on to damp hair, literally you need a smidgeon on your hand, rub your hands together and then smooth it onto your hair. When I have straightened mine, I then smooth a little bit over the top of my hair.

My last bottle (£30) lasted 18 months, so well worth the money I think.

TrilllianAstra Fri 01-Jul-11 11:13:58

I don't have a pump on mine so fear it won't last as long...

bellavita Fri 01-Jul-11 11:18:09

My new bottle has a pump and more comes out than I would like. My old bottle didn't have one - I literally put my hand over the top of the bottle, tipped it up and then back again - so it didn't pour out iykwim.

PinotsEvilTwin Fri 01-Jul-11 11:19:39

Ooh I need a bit more than that bella - but my hair was/is very fragile and brittle <mmm nice image>

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 11:19:58

ackchewerley, the reason manufacturers put pumps on is that they know it makes you use more of it. whereas dipping your finger on the neck of a bottle is something you can only do once before having to put the bottle down, iykwim?

bellavita Fri 01-Jul-11 11:23:06

Pinot, has it always been like that or was it because of a hairdresser calamaty?

PinotsEvilTwin Fri 01-Jul-11 11:31:18

Always like that, sadly. I was a ginge as a kid, now lightened as I've got older (naturally - not a hope of using colour on my way, more sadly) and it's always broken at about shoulder length. Just breaks off, no split ends, just snaps! The MO has been amazing and it's now much longer and feels healthy rather than brittle. And I'm able to use the GHD's my lovely Dad bought me now too smile

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Fri 01-Jul-11 12:27:28

GeetTallBird Fri 01-Jul-11 16:23:58

Never used the mask but would like to.
Only if it's as good as Avon's planet spa mask though, that stuff is amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now