Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal to feel like this

(6 Posts)
Shukki Thu 30-Jun-11 13:37:58

Ever since I had my son I know its trivial but I feel like nothing in my wardrobe is me its like it belongs to a different person, does that make sense?? Every time i have to get dressed i feel like hurling myself on the bed in a petulant child manner shouting 'ive got nothing to wear' . Skirts bit short, t shirts not long enough etc .Just feel like i need to buy new clothes that reflect the person ive become. Any excuse i know but would love to know if anyone else felt/feels like this...?

MooM00 Thu 30-Jun-11 13:47:27

How old is your DS? If you're still bf then the change in boobage can dramatically change your shape and the style of t shirts you need and alter the balance of your whole outfit. There's stuff I can't wear because dc3 pulls at it, stuff that makes my boobs look huge, stuff that I get too hot in or doesn't go with the sort of shoes a new mum needs for chasing dc or pushing the pram. GO SHOPPING! Just because you can fit into it again it doesn't mean you have to wear it again.

steben Thu 30-Jun-11 13:49:55

Agree with previous poster - took me until DD was about 9 months before I revisited te majority of things in my wardrobe. I then lost a bit more weight and had a good old clearout and then shopped for a few (or a lot!) of key pieces which helped me get my overall confidence back. Dont worry you are not only one!

Shukki Thu 30-Jun-11 13:53:51

Thanks for that! Finished breast feeding but you know when u feel will i ever be glamorous again??!! Not that I ever really was before but putting on the same stuff over and over again is getting to me now. I'd love to wear heels in the day again!! Practical stuff never feels sexy! But then i don't at the mo!!...

Beingblonde Thu 30-Jun-11 14:19:57

Hi Shukki. I hope you are normal cos I think I feel the same as you! My DS is nearly 9 months and since he came along I have felt as though I have completely lost my style mojo. I don't know what suits me any more, I don't even know what I like any more! I think it is to do with the fact that I feel like a totally different person - and I don't really know who that is yet. Does that make any sense? Probably just inane wittering...
I feel as though I need to be Gokked!!

BenRoo Thu 30-Jun-11 14:24:22

Totally agree with all of you!
My DS is 8mo and I'm just beginning to throw together outfits I'm relatively happy with!
I think it's a confidence thing, personality crisis and all that.
Must must must go shopping sometime soon! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now