Talk

Advanced search

Selling a bag on ebay.

(7 Posts)
strawberryjelly Thu 30-Jun-11 13:32:28

I know here is an ebay forum here but it's not so active as S&B.
Just wondered...

I am going to sell a designer handbag on Ebay, and list with a reserve price. I have used it once for a day. It's in perfect condition but it looks too big on me ( shoulder bag.)

Would it be really, really dishonest to list it as "new"- or do people do this all the time?

I want a good price for it and wonder if I put "used" it simply won't get that many bids.

I currently have 100% feedback.

mrsravelstein Thu 30-Jun-11 13:38:49

no, don't lie - if it's designer, and you put lots of pics on to show it is in perfect nick and you have good ratings already, you will get a good price for it anyway (i sold a pair of slightly tatty gucci flipflops for 60 quid recently, bizarre, but was honest about the condition of them, and buyer was delighted with them, go figure)

liquoriceshakes Thu 30-Jun-11 13:49:05

oooh what bag is it? <nosey>

strawberryjelly Thu 30-Jun-11 14:20:51

Lol- it's not a Mulberry.

it's an Osprey bucket style in dark brown.

Now you'l llook and see how it's listed!

strawberryjelly Thu 30-Jun-11 15:09:49

Following on...

what would you say was a reasonable sum to exepct for a bag that cost around £150, used once and is in perfect condition? it's still fashionable- only bought a year ago.

LuckyMrsT Thu 30-Jun-11 17:57:50

Just say what you've said here, it won't put people off. Good bags get great prices on ebay, is it leather? I've just had a look and seen a black 'bucket' one - very nice. I can only advise that you set a reserve that you wouldn't be gutted to sell for and see what happens, you can always relist. I would think half the original price for a bag in immaculate condition is fair but if you set your reserve at £75 you might not get much interest. Best of luck.

strawberryjelly Thu 30-Jun-11 19:28:40

yes it's lovely soft grainy leather. It was a bit of an impulse buy- I bought from Osprey over the web and liked it- but wasn't 100% sure of the size- and in the end couldn't be bothered to pack it alll up and return.

I'm pretty much a "2 bag girl" so it was a bit of an £££ purchase and I want a good price if poss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now