Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Selling a bag on ebay.

(7 Posts)
strawberryjelly Thu 30-Jun-11 13:32:28

I know here is an ebay forum here but it's not so active as S&B.
Just wondered...

I am going to sell a designer handbag on Ebay, and list with a reserve price. I have used it once for a day. It's in perfect condition but it looks too big on me ( shoulder bag.)

Would it be really, really dishonest to list it as "new"- or do people do this all the time?

I want a good price for it and wonder if I put "used" it simply won't get that many bids.

I currently have 100% feedback.

mrsravelstein Thu 30-Jun-11 13:38:49

no, don't lie - if it's designer, and you put lots of pics on to show it is in perfect nick and you have good ratings already, you will get a good price for it anyway (i sold a pair of slightly tatty gucci flipflops for 60 quid recently, bizarre, but was honest about the condition of them, and buyer was delighted with them, go figure)

liquoriceshakes Thu 30-Jun-11 13:49:05

oooh what bag is it? <nosey>

strawberryjelly Thu 30-Jun-11 14:20:51

Lol- it's not a Mulberry.

it's an Osprey bucket style in dark brown.

Now you'l llook and see how it's listed!

strawberryjelly Thu 30-Jun-11 15:09:49

Following on...

what would you say was a reasonable sum to exepct for a bag that cost around £150, used once and is in perfect condition? it's still fashionable- only bought a year ago.

LuckyMrsT Thu 30-Jun-11 17:57:50

Just say what you've said here, it won't put people off. Good bags get great prices on ebay, is it leather? I've just had a look and seen a black 'bucket' one - very nice. I can only advise that you set a reserve that you wouldn't be gutted to sell for and see what happens, you can always relist. I would think half the original price for a bag in immaculate condition is fair but if you set your reserve at £75 you might not get much interest. Best of luck.

strawberryjelly Thu 30-Jun-11 19:28:40

yes it's lovely soft grainy leather. It was a bit of an impulse buy- I bought from Osprey over the web and liked it- but wasn't 100% sure of the size- and in the end couldn't be bothered to pack it alll up and return.

I'm pretty much a "2 bag girl" so it was a bit of an £££ purchase and I want a good price if poss.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: