Talk

Advanced search

Jean for curves

(16 Posts)
CakeandRoses Thu 30-Jun-11 12:32:09

Anyone got any recommendations for Very Good Jeans please? dh has offered to buy me something and i think i'd like to get some decent jeans as having been pregnant twice over the last few years, my body hasn't been the same shape for more than a few months so i've not bought anything other than Dorothy Perkins or Top shop ones for years.

I'm kinda an hourglass shape: a size 10 in dresses but a good 12 in jeans as I 'have hips'. I hate low-rise ones as they just cut into my hips and look crap/feel uncomfortable.

I like straight leg/skinnyish but my thighs aren't suited to real skinny skinnies.

Thank you!

FuzzyWuzzyWuz Thu 30-Jun-11 12:54:20

I'd suggest the new Curve ID by Levis. 3 different styles of curve, and if you go to a Levi shop they will measure you & fit you a bit like a bra fitting. Mine are great, apparently I'm a Demi-curve, normally I find jeans gape at the back but these ones don't.

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Thu 30-Jun-11 13:18:44

Fuzzy - I'm a full curve blush and now they're doing an even bigger curve I think I might be that blush again

Levi id curve are great jeans though. And they're lovely in the shop.

dexter73 Thu 30-Jun-11 15:45:43

I have levis curve - they are great. How about Gap curvy?

ComradeJing Thu 30-Jun-11 16:25:13

I just bought 4 pairs of Levi curve. I LOVE them and jeans always look shit on me. Well worth a trip into the store.

ComradeJing Thu 30-Jun-11 16:26:30

Ps I'm a demi curve in some of them but a full curve in the straight leg ones.

CakeandRoses Thu 30-Jun-11 16:31:08

oooh, i wouldn't have thought of Levis but that sounds like a pretty resounding thumbs up.

they come in a range of colours/leg types i assume.

<feels all young and levi-wearing like in the 90s again>

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Thu 30-Jun-11 16:32:02

Oh the Levis are fab. I'm a full curve, but I think they're doing a supreme curve now (must get to the levi shop this weekend wink)

TechLovingDad Thu 30-Jun-11 16:33:24

I second Gap curvy. Really nice fit, DW loves them.

CakeandRoses Thu 30-Jun-11 16:34:49

sorry also meant to say thank you blush

madammecholet Thu 30-Jun-11 16:35:11

I have Gap Curvy - seem to fit in all the right places...

CakeandRoses Thu 30-Jun-11 16:42:40

will try those too madammecholet, cheers!

i had imagined spending a fortune on something designery but if it's Levis or Gap that do the trick then dh might buy me a couple of pairs grin

dexter73 Thu 30-Jun-11 19:01:03

I think you really need to try the levis on. I was measured as a bold curve but ended up buying a demi curve. Different colours and styles fitted differently and were also different in length (which was a bit surprising). I ended up buying these.

CakeandRoses Sat 02-Jul-11 20:19:20

I just went to a local Levi stockist and was told the Curve I'd aren't being sold in the UK til the 20th July. Is this true?!

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Sat 02-Jul-11 20:20:44

I bought some 2 months ago!! IIRC you need to go to an actual Levi shop iyswim?

CakeandRoses Sun 03-Jul-11 01:27:31

Ah, thanks fuckmepink that makes sense. Am now totally over-excited about them and desperate to get a pair asap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now