Talk

Advanced search

Jeans Glorious Jeans - come help me to find them <whistle to oliver please!>

(9 Posts)
ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Wed 29-Jun-11 20:58:31

Right, am wanting some yummy mummy trendy jeans (don't mind designer!!!) - especially as the sales are on at the moment.

I am keen for them to have a higher waist though - but I have tried and discarded the idea of Not Your Daughters Jeans! Straight leg is preferable!

HELP ME

thank you ladies of S and B, I bow to your superior knowledge!

tulpe Wed 29-Jun-11 21:03:45

Okay, try Citizens of Humanity Ava jeans. They are cleverly cut ever-so-slightly higher at the back than the front so no bum cleavage. They are "low rise" but not in a Top Shop/bikini-line skimming kinda way wink

florenceuk Wed 29-Jun-11 21:16:03

7 for all mankind high rise? I have a straight high waisted pair which are super comfortable. if you have a look at Trilogy or DonnaIda they have a good choice to look through.

Topshop Jamie Jeans also high waisted and skinny.

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Wed 29-Jun-11 22:21:33

tulpe - you have read my mind - I just wanted to see if anyone would recommend them as I am 14-16 and don't like arse cleavage! I saw them online and wondered about them but wasn't sure - will try and find some to try on methinks before I commit to a ton purchase!

florence - will have a look at the 7 jeans

tulpe Wed 29-Jun-11 22:43:16

I love them, Princess. I got mine in TKMaxx for £60 a month ago.

I have never bought "premium" denim before but as soon as they were on I loved them smile. Great weight and hold their shape beautifully too.

FritziGreenEyes Thu 30-Jun-11 07:34:57

I got these Goldsign jeans and they are the best and most flattering jeans I have ever worn.

NanAstley Thu 30-Jun-11 08:06:30

I swear by Levis CurveID. The only thing is that you will have to get yourself to a store (John Lewis and House of Fraser stock them where I live) and try them on. Buying them online involves an element of guesswork and rarely gives the "oh, wow!" result smile

miche8 Thu 30-Jun-11 08:29:12

I'm a size 14 apple shape and have recently bought the levis curve jeans, i got the straight leg, slightly higher waist so my bum won't show when i bend down, i find they hold my tummy area in slightly too. Agree the sizing is very odd. even between the colours so you will have to try on. I've had a couple of comments about looking slimmer when wearing them, they seem to make my legs look longer. For info my other jeans are fat face, next and topshop baxters but the levis are my go to pair.

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Thu 30-Jun-11 11:23:40

Wellllllllllllll

OK so I went to TKMaxx, obviously they didn't have the jeans I wanted BUT I did get quite a flattering leg pair for £16.99 - Oh and a Patrick Cox Handbag reduced from £295 blush but I figured maybe everyone would look at the bag and not too much at me grin.

Apart from the oops on the bag I shall be going to see if I can try on some of the above jeans as a girl can never have too many pairs that work for them! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now