Talk

Advanced search

Laura Mercier Tinted moisturiser or Mac face and Body??

(16 Posts)
lilaloves Wed 29-Jun-11 14:33:04

As the Title says really.My skin looks so dull at present, which is better for giving a glow?Am more combination than dry and 31.

Will be buying online as local John lewis,Boots,Debenhams etc don't stock either.

skyebluepink Wed 29-Jun-11 15:53:22

LM tinted moisture oil free is more of a light foundation but lighter than mac face and body. Mac can be used as a heavier foundation if you build it up. The LM not oilfree tinted moisture is very sheer indeed so not good for oily skins and in fact for drier skins it doesn't really last long.

You get more for your money with mac but LM is lovely!

Not much help sorry!

chipstick10 Wed 29-Jun-11 16:20:33

Mac face and body is lovely. A little goes along way. I also prefer Mac tinted moisturiser to LM. The colours are wrong for me.

Cutiecat Wed 29-Jun-11 16:29:58

I love my LM. I think it gives me a lovely smooth but dewey look.

Karbea Wed 29-Jun-11 17:39:53

I love the lm one.

Franup Wed 29-Jun-11 20:58:29

If you go with LM one get the illuminating one. I've had complements on my skin since I started wearing it.

SharonGless Wed 29-Jun-11 21:58:09

Love the LM one but haven't tried Mac to compare it with

snailsontour Wed 29-Jun-11 22:35:24

I have the lm 'nude' normal tm and 'bare' illuminating tm and mix them together as the illuminating on its own is a bit 'full on' on me. I also have mac in medium for when I need a tad more colour as summer progresses.

polyhymnia Wed 29-Jun-11 23:16:19

LM is my all time favourite. Mixing the 'normal' one with the illuminating version sounds a good idea.

Havingkittens Thu 30-Jun-11 00:31:37

MAC F&B is better if you want a dewy sheen to your skin and, if you also want to even out any legs/arms/exposed bits, even better. Also better if you have dryer skin.

If you don't really want much sheen to your skin then LM tinted moisturiser is better. MAC F&B, much as I really love it for some uses can be a bit shiney and sticky feeling on the skin if you prefer a more matte look. (not that LM is matte especially but less shiney than F&B).

I hope that's helpful. I used to work for MAC and F&B is one product that I really like a lot for others, but I prefer to use on LM Oil Free tinted moisturiser on myself being oily skinned. I also favour a retro look personally, which not compatible with very glowy skin.

mepsopie Thu 30-Jun-11 07:37:28

I have the LM one but I still find it a bit heavy (I don't really like the feeling of make up). I bought Diorskin nude glow natural hydrating make up, the liquid not powder a couple of years ago. I love it - wear lightly by just applying with fingers or can be worn as full on foundation as I did on my wedding day. It is also mineral based which means I don't mind falling asleep in it on the odd occasion, but my skin feels so soft after I've washed it off.

Havingkittens Thu 30-Jun-11 08:27:25

I think I must the be the only person on Mumsnet who doesn't particularly like the Diorskin Nude Foundation!

skyebluepink Thu 30-Jun-11 14:42:26

I don't care that much for it either, kittens I was looking at bourgois healthy mix foundation today. It's quite nice.

clucky80 Thu 30-Jun-11 17:22:25

I've got the LM tinted moisturiser in Sand and I really didn't like it. I'm not sure if thats an illuminating one though as I definitely prefer the dewy skin look. I also have MAC f and b and love it! It seems to suit my skin colour really well and evens out my complexion. I do understand what other people have said though that it can be a little sticky so probably not great for boiling hot days.
ps have only just found S and B after someone was having a moan about it on AIBU - right up my street, love it!

skyebluepink Thu 30-Jun-11 18:53:55

What were they saying about it?!

clucky80 Thu 30-Jun-11 21:58:24

It was 1 poster saying that its stereo typical for women blah blah. She got pretty much shouted down though! They r all pretty scary over there, I wouldn't dare comment on anything have just said some things about organ transplants in last few days (I've had one). S and B is far more me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now