Talk

Advanced search

Try a new make up style

(5 Posts)
GetOrf Wed 29-Jun-11 13:42:13

At the risk of sounding like a feauture from My Guy circa 1987 grin

I got into a makeup rut - wore variants of the same thing (always used to wear darkish eyeshadow, black liquid eyeliner, blusher and never wore lipstick just a sheer juicy tube)

Decided to do something different - just used a very sheer coppery eyeshadow, no eyeliner at all, just mascara. Kate Middleton eyebrows, with highlighter under brow and on top of cheekbones, just a bit of bronzer and corally lipstick.

I look completely different, and look younger and (dare I say it) rather pretty. Is strange to wear liptick, I haven't worn it since I was a teenager really, hopefully I don't look like Cruella De Vil.

mittenkitten Wed 29-Jun-11 13:47:45

Maybe you should get YOUR colours done, GetOrf! grin

GetOrf Wed 29-Jun-11 13:55:04

I am npt getting that done - isn't it some woman with an newscaster hairstyle draping mouldy old bits of fabric round your neck and shouting 'you're SPRING'

mittenkitten Wed 29-Jun-11 15:04:50

Actually I DID turn out to be a Spring . . . but there was no newscaster / mouldy bit to it. If you look good in coral lipstick you could be heading Springward yourself . . . just sayin'.

ComradeJing Fri 01-Jul-11 07:27:49

I'm doing the same thing but with pink lip and no eye shadow and feel Its much more flattering.

Have you tried the tom ford lipsticks? Just brilliant and very wearable. the true coral and pure pink are great. Also love the new clinique chubby sticks in the bright pink colour. Bit more subtle as a colour but still lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now