Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

You have 20mins to correct my fashion errors before i go out...

(14 Posts)
HauntedLittleLunatic Tue 28-Jun-11 18:25:13

Ankle length leggings and heels? No no?

Knee length dress and jeans? (not skinny)

amothersplaceisinthewrong Tue 28-Jun-11 18:26:50

Definitely not leggings and heels, unless of course you have a Chelsea facelift and a pair of 6 inch diamter gold hoop earrings to complete the look.

Just wear the dress on its own.

frumpygrumpy Tue 28-Jun-11 18:28:25

dress with the leggings might work, NOT heels with leggings, and not the dress with normal/bootcut jeans

HauntedLittleLunatic Tue 28-Jun-11 18:29:23

Erm...I have tree trunks...dress on its own NOT a pretty option, and it is actually just above knee.

Dress leggings and flats then?

HauntedLittleLunatic Tue 28-Jun-11 18:30:04

And I did say correct my mistakes, knowing they were probably mistakes

frumpygrumpy Tue 28-Jun-11 18:43:36

Dress, leggings and flats yes! I have tree trunk legs and I find I can enjoy dresses now I can wear leggings, it draws the eye to the ankle. Pull the leggings up a little so they stop above the ankle rather than right down to it.

cybboid Tue 28-Jun-11 18:46:23

See, I WOULD wear leggings adn heels. But it depends on trendiness of shoes and top, a high shoe booty thing looks good with ankle length leggings IMSO (In my Stylish opinion)

colditz Tue 28-Jun-11 18:48:11

Knee length dress, leggings and flats
Knee length dress and heels

Or jeans, top and heels.

NO leggings with heels NO NO NO

FaffTastic Tue 28-Jun-11 18:54:39

No dress with boot cut jeans!!! Dear god woman, am shuddering at the thought of it grin

HauntedLittleLunatic Tue 28-Jun-11 19:02:09

It's ok, have gone with dress leggings and flats...you can stop hyperventilating.

Have jeans, top and heels in bag as back-up I'd friend passes out at my fusion sense

ggirl Tue 28-Jun-11 19:04:16

leggiins poking out of tunic or dress and heels fine imo

heels always make you look better than flats

polyhymnia Tue 28-Jun-11 23:41:53

Really don't agree with that last comment , ggirl - and, even if I did, would add 'as long as you know how to walk gracefully in them' - lots of women don't (though I imagine all the S and B fans who wear them do!)

WineAndPizza Wed 29-Jun-11 21:47:40

Leggings and heels are absolutely fine!

ggirl Wed 29-Jun-11 23:50:25

wedges then-easy to walk in

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: