Talk

Advanced search

Epilator help please! Quite urgent!

(8 Posts)
confuseddotcodotuk Tue 28-Jun-11 15:13:44

What am I looking for in epilators? What would you recommend? Nothing too expensive obviously, but have no idea what is considered low/mid/high-range in these things anyway?!

I normally wax but have a skin rash atm which I don't want to wax over and agitate so need it asap so I can get back into some shorts!

bananamonkey Tue 28-Jun-11 15:40:48

I have one of the Braun ones, it was about £60 reduced in Boots, they are on offer at the moment.

The only feature I would look for is a light, my house is fairly dark and my hair of quite fair and the light really helps show everything up.

The only bad thing is it came with a shaver plug so I had to buy a 3-pin adaptor but was only £3. If I was getting a new one I would choose the wet and dry/rechargeable one.

moragbellingham Tue 28-Jun-11 15:57:12

I have a Braun silk epil - bog standard one with a shaver head too. I wouldn't use a wet/dry one as it takes me a while to do my legs and couldn't waste that much time in the shower.

Don't get one with 24 tweezer heads - sometimes called a beginners one, you need 48.

MadameCastafiore Tue 28-Jun-11 16:01:44

I have a super duper one that was about £130 from boots - can be used in shower and has a razor attacthment - is very good.

PinotsEvilTwin Tue 28-Jun-11 16:48:42

You don't have to spend a fortune - a well reviewed Braun one will do. Check the Boots website for reviews.

confuseddotcodotuk Tue 28-Jun-11 20:47:30

Wow, they are expensive little things! Thanks for the advice, I'd probably not go for shower use ones as I wouldn't use it in the shower, but if it has the feature I'm not fussed grin

Is £60+ about normal for a decent one then?

And...

Does it hurt? <<wimp>>

TattyDevine Tue 28-Jun-11 20:54:27

It shouldn't hurt terribly if you are a seasoned waxer. I didn't find it bad when I switched over from several years of waxing. But when I did my underarms for the first time (which I used to shave and is to be fair probably a very sensitive area) I nearly died and I drew blood but several months on I'm fine and do it once a fortnight and have silky lovely underarms grin

I even do my binkini now [nerves of steel]

confuseddotcodotuk Wed 29-Jun-11 19:58:25

I wax my underarms but can never do it fully! May leave that and <<shudder>> Waxing the bikini line is bad enough. Attempted it once and never again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now