Talk

Advanced search

hair regrowth

(10 Posts)
tumteetum Tue 28-Jun-11 15:13:33

I feel a little embarrassed to have got to the ripe old age of xx without sorting my personal routine, so time for some advice please. I have an epilator which I use to defuzz my legs but have never really addressed my bikini line regularly. When I used the epilator there recently, worked ok but when hair regrew they were itchy raised lumps which looked worse than the hairs. Any solution to this?
On my legs I always miss some and then have to wait til longish before can do again so not ideal there either. Shaving is not for me as never bothered to do regularly and skin v sensitive and hates it

tumteetum Wed 29-Jun-11 20:35:41

no advice then???

TattyDevine Wed 29-Jun-11 20:56:54

Those lumps are ingrown hairs. Exfoliating can help prevent them. Failing that, you can squeeze them like spots and release the long curly ingrown hair which is immensely satisfying. If you are nearby come park your bum on my lap and I'll have a little go myself grin

(Sorry gross but I do love to squeeze ingrown hairs) grin

Oh dear I think you've bitten off more than you can chew having me respond to an ingrown hair thread, sorry grin

liftthatup Thu 30-Jun-11 13:48:09

You could try Tend Skin lotion. I got mine through Amazon I think. I'm really slack, but ideally exfoliate, moisturise and Tend Skin combo should help a lot.

WineAndPizza Thu 30-Jun-11 15:14:38

My skin is really sensitive too and I have had the same problem, I find waxing is the only thing that really works for me to prevent ingrown hairs. If you worry about the pain (NOT worse than epilating!!) go and get a hot wax which is really quick and easy and take a nurofen half an hour before.

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 30-Jun-11 15:21:14

im finding this a problem aswell, even on my legs and shins. looks bloody awful and defeats the object of epilating as legs still to awful looking to wear skirts!

im just going to live in trousers for ever.

tumteetum Thu 30-Jun-11 20:19:58

thanks for these tips. Can't afford to wax regularly. How does tend skin work?

tumteetum Thu 30-Jun-11 20:20:26

like idea of squeezing tatty tho can't see me letting someone else do it....

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 30-Jun-11 22:18:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tumteetum Mon 04-Jul-11 12:16:15

laser removal probably too pricy for me too. Has anyone had success with creams?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now