Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone still wear a watch!?

(75 Posts)
Teachermumof3 Tue 28-Jun-11 13:00:49

and if so-what's it like? I haven't worn a watch for years now, but am finding myself increasingly frustrated at work when my clock stops working (!) and my phone is in the cupboard and I have no idea what the time is!

iWILLdothis Tue 28-Jun-11 13:02:51

I do. Feel naked any day I forget to put it on. It is a lovely Omega one, bought by my dad when I graduated. smile

PrinceHumperdink Tue 28-Jun-11 13:03:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JemimaMop Tue 28-Jun-11 13:05:35

I have this watch. The description on that website slightly scares me though, I didn't buy it to be "the envy of all my friends" or to "grab loads of attention from my mates" hmm

BornToFolk Tue 28-Jun-11 13:05:40

Yes. I look at it a lot and feel naked without it.

It's a Fossil one, square face, all silver metal. DP bought it for me in the US.

doglover Tue 28-Jun-11 13:05:43

Always! (Apart from in the shower!)

IslaValargeone Tue 28-Jun-11 13:06:41

I do, I feel nekkid without it.

tulpe Tue 28-Jun-11 13:16:08

Yes. Feel very odd when I forget to put it on. There is something very reassuring about wearing a watch. But I couldn't possibly clarify my feelings on that!

Blackduck Tue 28-Jun-11 13:16:47

Usually - forgot this morning - swatch here too as they are made of stainless steel and don't bring me out in a rash......

BikeRunSki Tue 28-Jun-11 13:17:46

Yes, a small steel Tissot one my DH gave me on our wedding day.

watfordmummy Tue 28-Jun-11 13:20:17

I do , I have worn a watch every day for 40 years, can't imagine not wearing one!

BunnyLebowski Tue 28-Jun-11 13:23:41

I do. This one

Was an xmas present from DP back when we were skint students so it's really precious to me smile. And it's a wee bit different from the norm.

Commedesgarcons Tue 28-Jun-11 13:58:03

Yes, and am completely lost without one! DH gave me a beautiful watch when I had DS. It's very special to me.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 28-Jun-11 14:00:26

Yes - cartier tank francaise in stainless steel - love it.

Pagwatch Tue 28-Jun-11 14:05:08

But people wear watches as much as they ever did don't they confused

Ds just turned 18 and he, and many of his friends, asked for nice watches

Teachermumof3 Tue 28-Jun-11 14:09:57

Hardly anyone I know wears a watch anymore! Certainly very few people I work with. Everyone just seems to look at their phone.

My parents wear watches and always have done-but most people I know don't. Maybe that's an abnormal cross-section of the public, I don't know!?

tillytips Tue 28-Jun-11 14:19:57

I have a Tag that hubby brought for me, i wear it every day along with my favourite bracelet. My daughter who is 11 also wears a watch, however son hates them. uses his phone to check the time.

WhipMeIndiana Tue 28-Jun-11 14:22:01

do the people who choose to wear watches generally run on time?
I always wear a watch and loathe being late, am always early.

LawrieMarlow Tue 28-Jun-11 14:23:10

I have one that cost me £5 from Asda grin. Am aspiring to something a little nicer but this ones feels OK for the time being.

VeraGood Tue 28-Jun-11 14:25:13

yes me

big tweeting session abotu it the other day when we decided a manly forearm with a ncie watch was a BIG turn on and we got the male tweeters to photo their arms

me and @cybilliberty had a right old thugh rubbing session

Carrotsandcelery Tue 28-Jun-11 14:25:19

I have a Skagen watch and like to run on time.

A good friend abhors the wearing of a watch and is never EVER on time.

You might have something Whip.

And who keeps their watch at the correct time? I know many people who run theirs 10 mins fast so that they won't be late hmm

jules2906 Tue 28-Jun-11 14:25:26

I wear a watch and feel very strange if I don't have it on. I have a fairly cheap, run of the mill one that gets bashed against doors and scratched when I'm gardening. I have a couple of more decorative ones for wearing if I'm going out, but cheap and cheerful for the daytime for me smile

VeraGood Tue 28-Jun-11 14:25:39

i wear a waterproof swatch ALL THE TIME
i think looking at phones is a big turn off and very teenage

VeraGood Tue 28-Jun-11 14:25:58

paggy WHY are you not on twitter
there are MEN there

superjobeespecs Tue 28-Jun-11 14:28:00

got one but dont wear it as its a bit 'dress' black leather strap with a square face with diamonds, not massive but big enough to wear as jewellery if i wanted grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now