Talk

Advanced search

Need a fabulous purple dress - anyone seen any out there?

(4 Posts)
dinkystinky Tue 28-Jun-11 11:25:31

My sister is getting married in September - she wants me and her two best friends who are bridesmaids (sort of) to wear purple. I'm Indian so need a tone of purple that works with darker skin (think dark golden skin). 5 foot 4, size 10-12 - good arms, nice upper body, tummy has a tendency to podge (thanks DC!), good but slightly heavy legs. Have been browsing online for a fab purple dress but cant see anything so thought would ask the style & beauty gurus if they've seen any recently. Anyone?

Stokey38 Tue 28-Jun-11 11:33:59

www.net-a-porter.com/product/103415 is lovely

www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Ponti-Pencil-Dress-With-Seam-Detail/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1360502&cid=8799&Rf-200=8&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Purple might be bit more within budget!

www.asos.com/Oasis/Oasis-Pleated-Rose-Chiffon-Shift/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1383515&cid=8799&Rf-200=8&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Purple

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 28-Jun-11 11:43:16

I like this but it is not the right purple for you is it?
you need more this colour? but th edress doesn't look very nice fitting.

have a look there some are truly hideous but a lot are nice too (even if the ones I like cost ££££)

dinkystinky Tue 28-Jun-11 11:55:42

Thanks! The Issa dress is lovely - but I'd have to try it on to see how the colour looks on me. The Ponti Pencil dress - I tried this but the purple in real life isnt the colour on the website and didnt look as good on. The Oasis one is great but not a huge fan of pleats (am a fussy bugger arent I)? The Hobbs one is really pretty but will need to try on to check the colour - and the Coast one would look hideous on me as would definitely accentuate my tummy! The last website you sent through is a good inspiration though - and the ones that caught my attention flicking through all seemed to cost ££££ too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now