Talk

Advanced search

Wedding outfit, I need some help because I'm tearing my hair out

(4 Posts)
CBear6 Mon 27-Jun-11 13:51:32

I have two weddings to attend later this year. Both weddings are being held just a matter of weeks after I'll have given birth to DD so I'm not going to have a chance to lose any significant amount of baby weight.

Both weddings are all day and night events - service at lunchtime and then the reception running straight through to midnight (if I last that long). Service for both is a civil service followed by a do at a function room with disco and karaoke.

So my requirements are:

- something that will flatter my post-baby figure, or at least hide the problem areas (tummy, legs). I'm okay with cleavage but don't like the tops of my arms.

- something that can go from day to night.

- something I can wear with either flat shoes or just a small heel (I can't do stiletto style heels or anything higher than 1-2 inches)

- I need to avoid red, silver, and pink so I don't clash with either wedding party (and white too obviously)

- budget isn't really an issue for the right outfit but I think DH might like it if I tried to keep it under £80ish.

I'm stumped about where to even begin so any advice on what would suit is welcomed!

cleverything Mon 27-Jun-11 13:56:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CBear6 Mon 27-Jun-11 14:21:25

I was thinking of a maxi dress or skirt. Haven't decided how I'm feeding yet but would choose an easily adjustable neckline if I was breastfeeding.

JanMorrow Mon 27-Jun-11 15:21:24

Asos have quite a few dresses in their sale at the moment, I got a lovely one from there (before the sale, grr) that is great for weddings. I wear it with a little cut off bolero type thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now