Talk

Advanced search

can you get rid of or at least minimise visible leg veins?

(10 Posts)
superv1xen Mon 27-Jun-11 10:50:26

i have always had quite thin skin that you can see veins through but i swear they are worse on my legs since having DC ( <sigh> at yet another shit thing that happens post childbirth hmm )

fake tan used to cover them but it doesn't seem to do the job anymore sad

i have very good legs, long and slim but i am conscious about the veins sad strangely its only noticeable on one of my legs confused

is there anything you can put on them or do to help? i would even consider paying for laser surgery or something. they are not spider veins, i don't have any of them, they are proper blue coloured veins.

divingworldchampion Mon 27-Jun-11 11:06:50

I'm the same, and I use Sally Hansen Airbrush for legs. Its a small spray which is like a mix of foundation and fake tan I guess. Its quite good, doesn't totally cover but certainly improves. You can get it in Boots.
I bet they aren't nearly as noticable as you think you know, at least thats what DH tells me. I still obsess though!

TattyDevine Mon 27-Jun-11 11:10:23

You can get them treated - you can have them injected. I don't think laser is suitable for the bigger veins but it does the tiny ones so it might be a combination of each. If you really hate them that's the way forward.

But you can cover them. If fake tan isn't doing it, a more opaque product will. This is apparently very good, she is using it under the eyes but its actually designed for your kind of thing, and scars, etc, and various colours (or drop ins) can be mixed to achieve the perfect match. Once its on, it will last the day and should be undetectable if you have done the right kind of colour mix. People use it to cover tattoos and everything.

superv1xen Mon 27-Jun-11 11:36:43

thanks diving i have used that sally hansen stuff in the past, it is quite good but i don't like the feeling of having make up on my legs, feels weird to me! grin

tatty injected? omg with what, sounds painful! but would be willing to try anything.

the weird thing is they are only noticeable when i am standing up, they pretty much disappear if i am sitting or have my feet up confused

Ryoko Mon 27-Jun-11 13:54:22

I was just thinking about this the other day, I have pale skin, little thread vains and stretch marks on the back of my legs, I'm not expected air brushed perfection but I was wondering if it's worth trying a tinted moisteriser on them?.

superv1xen Tue 28-Jun-11 10:11:32

yours don't sound too bad ryoko, i bet they would look fine with a bit of fake tan or tinted moisturiser on em!

divingworldchampion Tue 28-Jun-11 13:37:35

Hi super, also meant to add that 2 years ago I had varicose veins removed, (thank God, they were hideous) but since then other veins have become more veiny iyswim, so I think that even if I got these ones removed, others would pop up later. Might be worth talking through if you do go for the laser treatment?

superv1xen Tue 28-Jun-11 14:12:55

oh god diving REALLY?? shock

how annoying for you! what was it like having them removed? and how does that work coz surely the blood needs to go somewhere? confused (sorry for nosey questions!)

divingworldchampion Tue 28-Jun-11 14:39:50

yes, but to be honest they are much better now, just veiny as opposed to bulgy and knotty which were just awful. But i live in fear that one of the buggers is going to bulge out sad
I am grateful really though I had them done on the NHS. The procedure was fine, day case surgery then bandages for few days and support stocking for a week, bruising for a good while after mind you. The incision was made at the side of my knee then a wire inserted which heats up and kills off the vein. I guess the blood finds other veins, hence my lovely new veiny ones confused

superv1xen Wed 29-Jun-11 11:44:19

ah right, doesn't sound as bad as i assumed it would be, not sure mine would warrant the treatment that you had though as they don't bulge out or anything. YET. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now