Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend some comfy shoes...

(13 Posts)
MrsPlugThePlumber Mon 27-Jun-11 10:08:42

...that are reasonably stylish, please? I walk for miles and need leather comfy pumps, any tips?

Thanks in advance!

wonderfultykes Mon 27-Jun-11 10:11:41

Fitflop lace-up ones too casual?

MrsPlugThePlumber Mon 27-Jun-11 10:13:45

hmm... yes, I was thinking more ballerina shaped rather than trainer shaped. Are the fitflop ones comfy, then? I was under the impression they made your bum hurt (on purpose). Could you walk miles in them?

savoycabbage Mon 27-Jun-11 10:18:31

I have got some clarks ones similar to these ones that are luidicrously comfy.

PinotsKittens Mon 27-Jun-11 10:20:38

Oh Oh MrsPlug - Fitflops are the most comfy shoes ever. The toning bit is guff IMHO, they are just like duvets on your feet.

I have the flipflop style, the trainers, the boots...I get cross now at the thought of wearing anything else.

They can make your legs ache a touch when new and not so bouncy, but after a day or two - all good. I did a walking tour of Barcelona in them last year and was the only one in out family not to have blisters!

<I am slightly obsessed with them but have spent years fitting my hooves into painful shoes so they are liberating!>

AchtungBaby Mon 27-Jun-11 11:20:28

I've seen some nice Camper shoes that are similar to (but even nicer than grin) the ones that savoycabbage linked to.

(Sorry savoycabbage!)

AchtungBaby Mon 27-Jun-11 11:21:31

But possibly not in red.

BsshBossh Mon 27-Jun-11 12:30:37

Clarks have some nice-looking but comfortable flats; I have a pair of those red Campers and can vouch that they're lovely to look at and comfortable to walk in grin.

AchtungBaby Mon 27-Jun-11 13:06:40

<cough>, although red is lovely smile.

AlfalfaMum Mon 27-Jun-11 14:25:39

I really like those red Campers. Last time I tried on a pair of Camper shoes I found them too narrow though - how do you find them width-wise Bssh? I do have annoying wide feet blush

MrsPlugThePlumber Mon 27-Jun-11 14:34:24

Oh, I'd forgotten about campers, thanks! Will check them out on amazon in a bit.... might try some fitflops next time I'm in a shop as well. Thanks for the ideas!

BsshBossh Mon 27-Jun-11 14:43:29

I have wide, flat feet but these are very comfy. They hug my foot, unlike Clarks, but they don't pinch them.

BsshBossh Mon 27-Jun-11 14:45:46

MrsPlug, the Campers are much much cheaper if you buy them from the Camper site (linked to above).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now