Talk

Advanced search

Interview shoes? High heels and fancy or mid heels and plain?

(8 Posts)
nevergoogle Sun 26-Jun-11 22:47:30

wearing wide leg brown trousers.

what are the ideal interview shoes?

AnyFucker Sun 26-Jun-11 22:48:58

fancy high heels for a job interview ?

nope

nevergoogle Sun 26-Jun-11 22:50:21

so i have to wear my uninspiring leather courts? or what about ankle boots?
fair enough anyfucker.

AnyFucker Sun 26-Jun-11 22:53:48

ankle boots are ok

jenniec79 Sun 26-Jun-11 22:53:52

What's the job?

TBH I'd only go for the killer heels if something in fashion. Otherwise you need to go for Practical and Capable, rather than Fasion victim. Under trousers boring is fine, after all you don't really want them to see your shoes, just not to be put off by them.

nevergoogle Sun 26-Jun-11 22:55:42

nhs job.
was hoping some colour on my feet might put a spring in my step.
instead i'll go for colourful undies and try to remember not to show them to anyone.

BrainThrustMastery Mon 27-Jun-11 10:45:16

I wore gorgeous heels to my interview (NHS) and got a couple of compliments on them. They made me feel confident and smiley grin. I got the job by the way (although I'm not sure how much that had to do with the shoes!).

daimbardiva Mon 27-Jun-11 11:49:21

I think it really depends what type of job the interview's for. If something fashion-y, go fancy, but for instance in my line of work (environmental/forestry) I reckon anything too fancy would give the wrong impression.

But really it's about what you feel comfortable in - if you're a fancy heels kind of girl normally, go for it.

Good luck! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now