Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress ok for a wedding?

(15 Posts)
picturerail Sun 26-Jun-11 22:29:09

This?

Wedding is next weekend, an early-ish church ceremony & marquee reception with dinner/dancing.

Tried it on today & liked it but not sure now. Is it too casual? Was planning on wearing black shoes & a brightly coloured clutch.

If it's no good, any ideas? I'm a size 16/18, 5ft 8 with dark, longish hair & no clue!

twinklypearls Sun 26-Jun-11 22:30:51

I think it will be fine.

HettyAmaretti Sun 26-Jun-11 22:32:40

Yes, it's perfect.

If you could stretch to a hat / fascinator that'd be great. What colour clutch are going with?

LRDTheFeministNutcase Sun 26-Jun-11 22:32:51

Very chic, I think. I agree you need something colourful to make it look celebratory but the clutch will do that nicely. If you had coloured shoes that might be nice too?

LakeFlyPie Sun 26-Jun-11 22:34:53

I like it and would wear it to a wedding (and it's a bargain smile)

picturerail Sun 26-Jun-11 22:35:52

Just noticed when i tested the link that Louise Rednapp is modelling the shoes/clutch combo! Her clutch is orange but i was thinking bright pink or blue?

HettyAmaretti Sun 26-Jun-11 22:41:01

Red is always great with black and white IMHO. Green too, but red has more, urm, can't think of the right word. I'll just say, Fabness wink

HettyAmaretti Sun 26-Jun-11 22:49:15

actually, this very red orange would look great

JennaTailor Mon 27-Jun-11 18:30:13

I really like it !! I am also looking for a dress and who have brought this ...unfortunetly they dont have it in my size.

I would swap the black belt for a red one!

Alibobster Tue 28-Jun-11 21:58:41

Jenna
This is a dress similar to this on boohoo.com. It's a plain black top half with a black/white striped skirt and a red belt.It gorgeous.

Picturerail this is lovely. I would get red shoes and red clutch to go with it

floweryblue Tue 28-Jun-11 22:03:57

Sorry, not keen myself. I like the style and shape but I don't like the idea of black at a wedding and I think the stripes and hard colour could be very ageing (as well as fattening).

HettyAmaretti Wed 29-Jun-11 13:03:31

Fattening, erm, no. Eye tracking has shown that eyes move like bar code scanners when looking stripes, so, they move across the stripes rather than from end to end. Surely everyone knows this by now?

Horizontal stripes are slimming, vertical can make you look bigger.

superjobeespecs Wed 29-Jun-11 13:10:42

ooh its lush i'd let you wear it to my wedding grin red or bright pink bag, pink being my first choice as its more summery think the red may be a bit too 'power dressing'

mneh, bloody nice dress smile

mittenkitten Wed 29-Jun-11 13:13:21

I like it and if it goes with your colouring I agree you will look very chic.

MooMooFarm Wed 29-Jun-11 13:18:42

I really like it. I would go with a red clutch - or bright green.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now