Talk

Advanced search

How can I get my eyelashes to grow (without spending a small fortune)?

(19 Posts)
MooMinCow Sun 26-Jun-11 18:46:44

any ideas please? Would rubbing oil/Vaseline etc help?

CeliaFate Sun 26-Jun-11 18:50:58

Vaseline does help. There's a lash thickening product from Boots which shows results in about a month, people on here raved about it. I can't remember the name of it, but someone will tell you. It costs about £40.

CeliaFate Sun 26-Jun-11 18:51:51

Thank the Lord for Google!

MooMinCow Sun 26-Jun-11 19:04:04

thx CF. I have seen that in Boots, but being tightfisted and wondered if there was a cheaper option grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 26-Jun-11 19:25:04

I was reading an oil cleansing method thread on here ages ago that mentioned castor oil, and that one girl had been told to put castor oil on her lashes to make them longer. I'd imagine and old mascara wand would apply it but you'd have to only use a little bit cos oil in the eye can really irritate the area and make it puffy and itchy.

Loreal do a serum that I'm using at the moment, called lash renewal. I think it helped when I had semi permenant fake lashes put on for my wedding and I got irritated by them and pulled them off leaving gaps. I've just started using it again after reading the boots reviews for it. They also do a mascara with the serum already in it, one of the ones with the white undercoat. I found that if I put it under my mascara it goes a bit flaky.

HTH.

virginiasmonalogue Sun 26-Jun-11 19:28:13

this stuff is AMAZING!

Give it about 3-4 weeks before you notice a difference, but I can honestly say I notice a dramatic change. They are both longer and thicker.

gettingolderbytheday Sun 26-Jun-11 19:28:35

There was a thread on here where everyone was singing the praises of Revitalash but it was about £50.

gettingolderbytheday Sun 26-Jun-11 19:30:07

This one I think: www.amazon.co.uk/Revitalash-Eyelash-Conditioner-4-10-ml/dp/B0014WJLPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309112944&sr=8-1

BlackSwan Sun 26-Jun-11 20:24:51

I had side effects with Revitalash - it made the rim of my eyelid dark and raised. Returned it.

anothermum92 Sun 26-Jun-11 21:32:33

Message withdrawn

harpfairy Sun 26-Jun-11 21:35:31

Rapdilash does work. I have used medication in the past with the same active ingredient and it really makes a difference!

MooMinCow Sun 26-Jun-11 21:37:00

fluffycloud - I have tried that loreal serum but reading the reviews I don't think I used it for long enough. might go and buy another one (as stupidly threw it away). not sure about using castor oil as anything oily round my eyes puffs them up.

revitalash not an option really - too expensive!

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Sun 26-Jun-11 21:43:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Purplebuns Sun 26-Jun-11 21:55:24

I got on well with Cargo lash activator not astonishing but noticable and I was impressed smile

superv1xen Mon 27-Jun-11 10:38:05

vaseline helps.

but i bought some of that lash renewal serum stuff from boots a few months ago and it really has made a massive difference, it really works (for me anyway) but it is quite expensive. lasts a long time though, i have had mine at least 6 months and i use it every day.

MooMinCow Mon 27-Jun-11 12:43:09

thanks all. will give the Rimmel mascara and loreal serum a go!

sazm Mon 27-Jun-11 21:26:30

i have one from avon which is pretty good,its a lash serum at one end and a mascara at the other,its about £10 (i got it on special offer for £5) its in the avon anew range,its def made a difference to mine,and i have been using it on my brows too and theres hairs grown in that havent been growing for ages smile
i bought the rimmel mascara (£6.99) and havent actually been able to wear it as its really clumpy sad

mrsravelstein Mon 27-Jun-11 21:28:01

i use the boots one, was about 40 quid, definitely works and no ill effects despite me often being allergic to things

wendihouse22 Mon 27-Jun-11 22:19:33

Tried Rapidlash which worked though not astonishingly so. Be careful thou, I found that my reading glasses needed changing only 6 months after having new lenses. Now, I cannot say why this should be so but even my optician was concerned at the rapid deterioration.

I'm staying well away from it now. Unfortunately I knew my eyes were getting worse but didn't attribute it in any way to the product I'd been using on my lashes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now