Talk

Advanced search

Ok my lovelies can you find me a cracking hair style I need updating!

(13 Posts)
CarrieOakey Sun 26-Jun-11 17:05:45

I have shoulder length, thick blonde hair. It has a curl in the back but not the front - weird eh? Anyway now that I'm 40 I need a style that doesn't make me look like frumpy mum. Although I have been growing it for ages all I do is tie it back - boring!

CeliaFate Sun 26-Jun-11 19:19:08

This looks easy to style and non-frumpy.

CarrieOakey Sun 26-Jun-11 20:51:18

I like that but her hair is very straight!

CeliaFate Sun 26-Jun-11 21:09:17

Can you get some straighteners? GHD are great and a good investment. I've had mine for 3 years and used them most days - so easy. I've got a natural kink in my hair too and the GHDs make it so soft and shiny.

tethersend Sun 26-Jun-11 21:45:59

How about a fringe? if your hair is straight at the front and curly at the back it would be perfect.

PeppaPigandGeorge Sun 26-Jun-11 22:05:06

Sorry to hijack, but I have a very similar problem!

I like the hairstyle in the link, celia, but my hair has god awful cows licks in the front so the fringy bit would not lie straight. I also think I may have too much hair for that....

LadyWord Sun 26-Jun-11 23:24:10

Maybe a bob like mariella's? She's 40-something and looks good I think.

Or something like that but with a bit of fringe swept to the side.

PeppaPigandGeorge Mon 27-Jun-11 09:39:48

Mariella Frostrup manages to have hair that isn't too "done" yet still looks nice. Damn her!

Selks Mon 27-Jun-11 09:59:31

What about a medium wavy bob? Something like this that has long layers that go with the natural wave of your hair [http://www.women-hairstyles.info/25/Medium-Wavy-Hairstyles.html this]

I have a style similar to that but with a shorter fringe. My hair is wavy at the bottom. I just wash it in the morning, don't style it at all, drive to work, brush it, and I'm ready to go.

Selks Mon 27-Jun-11 10:00:38

Sorry, link didn't work. Try again [http://www.women-hairstyles.info/25/Medium-Wavy-Hairstyles.html this]

Selks Mon 27-Jun-11 10:01:07

damn, don't know why it's not doing it. You'll have to copy and paste the link.

CarrieOakey Mon 27-Jun-11 16:04:10

I have too much hair for the Frostrup look. I think my hair would do the last look but isn't that a bit glam for a day to day style?

Lipstickgal Tue 28-Jun-11 23:24:24

Long pixie? If it's cropped in the back the mis-match curl thing would no longer be an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now