Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Urgent prom dress help PLEASE please please

(11 Posts)
lubeybooby Sun 26-Jun-11 13:21:51

So, it's my daughters prom in 2 weeks, we have to get a dress next week

She likes this but in red but we can't order that as it won't be here on time. I've searched all over the place and on ebay with no joy. Need something off the peg

Please help... she is size 8 and 5ft9 so would actually look good in a potato sack with the right belt, but she is very fussy. Please please help me

lubeybooby Sun 26-Jun-11 13:23:18

Oh, and budget would be up to about £150 at a push

hocuspontas Sun 26-Jun-11 13:36:41

Have eventually got ours so I know your pain! Now she says it's too long and I'm frantically trying to find a dressmaker to take it up! Still need shoes, bag, hair jewels etc....

Anyway, do you live near London? Fontehill Road at Finsbury Park has squillions of prom dresses and even my fussy daughter found one there. Good luck!

lubeybooby Sun 26-Jun-11 13:43:27

Nope nowhere near London, thanks though! Leicestershire here.

I need more websites to trawl....

Macaroona Sun 26-Jun-11 13:44:06

Asos?

Forever Unique

more Forever Unique

Mango

lovely Karen Millen

mmm Lipsy

Asos Black

more Lipsy

floaty Asos

Coast

Coast Gracie

Ted Baker

hocuspontas Sun 26-Jun-11 13:48:33

I assume you've been on the prom dress website. I investigated all the shops in my area via this site.

lubeybooby Sun 26-Jun-11 13:50:48

Thanks, she is looking through them now.

More ideas always welcome, kep em coming

Macaroona Sun 26-Jun-11 14:00:31

Reiss

Forever Unique dresses

tethersend Sun 26-Jun-11 17:27:21

Here?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 26-Jun-11 19:44:04

Hire one?? My nephews girlfriend spent £400 and shes not likely to wear a full length ballgown again in a hurry.

Some dry cleaners do special occaison hire.

Theres a shop in Touchwood Solihull that does lots of prom party dresses, all very sparkly. I know its a way to travel but theres a kurt gieger so you could get shoes too. As a last resort obviously because of the distance.

Karen Millens stuff lasts ages, if she stays slim she could still wear it in 10 years time, I'm still wearing stuff from 2000.

StyleandBooty Sun 26-Jun-11 21:36:54

<succumbs to Tethers worship. She knows every frock everywhere>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now