Talk

Advanced search

Is There An Eye Cream That Actually Works?

(13 Posts)
LeQueen Sat 25-Jun-11 22:57:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 25-Jun-11 23:03:49

Lurking... I have dark shadows, I'm incredibly pale so it really shows up.

I didn't like dermalogica one either.

meerkate Sun 26-Jun-11 09:34:46

'no lines yet, not even faint ones' - blimey, you're obviously doing something right smile i am the same age as you and faint lines are accumulating thick and fast, as is the creeping crepiness sigh - i will take my place in the lurking queue here!!

Deesus Sun 26-Jun-11 09:43:53

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but from a purely scientific point of view face creams (eye creams included) are all the same - they moisturise your face (like vaseline would) but without the greasiness. Therefore the best thing you can do is look after your skin from a young age (not too much sun, drink plenty of water), have good genes and use a moisturiser. I would recommend Nivea as it's approx £1.50 a tub and does the same as all the others grin

For any beauty products claiming miraculous anti-ageing properties I strongly suggest you save your hard earned cash to buy some wine instead and drink that while reading Bad Science or similar wink

MissFoodie Sun 26-Jun-11 10:52:12

lol yes and no, some can help but nothing gets rid of wrinkles .....
I reviewed a few recently, here they are
http://yumetc.blogspot.com/2011/05/eye-spy.html

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 26-Jun-11 11:07:48

The only problem with non-eye cream on the eye area is that a strong scent can irritate the eye and make it puffy, not the look your after really.

MissFoodie Sun 26-Jun-11 11:09:57

depends on the cream/brand, I use an eye serum (water based first) then face cream and never had any problems and I suffer with severe eye baggage!

LizaTarbucksAuntie Sun 26-Jun-11 11:17:23

I swear by the sainsburys soap and glory alike eye cream. I used to use all about eyes and the molotn brown one, but the sainsburys one even seems to be reducing the attractive crease I've developed at the top of my nose....

tigercametotea Sun 26-Jun-11 11:20:42

I doubt eye creams (or any creams) really get rid of wrinkles as such. But I think some eye creams do work on puffiness a bit. I had some really bad experiences with some eye creams though, I got milia from using them - they were too greasy for my skin perhaps, and milia was a pain to get rid of. Even now I still have one or two milia left and I haven't touched a single eye cream for years.

SarahLundsredJumper Sun 26-Jun-11 11:32:38

I use Origins Ginzeng eyecream in the morning to brighten and get rid of puffiness and the Youthtopia one at night.There are several others as well so Im sure they will advise you.
I really notice the difference if I dont use them for a while and they are reasonably priced (£20-£25 ish).They last ages.

SarahLundsredJumper Sun 26-Jun-11 11:33:38

Ps very sensitive skin/eyes here and have had no stinging or reactions

strawberryjelly Sun 26-Jun-11 14:01:55

You need to tackle the 2 things differently- dark circles can be hereditary- mine are and my mum and daughter have them- daughter saw dermo about acne and mentioned dark circles- dermo said nothing can be done- just cover up. i swear by Bobbi Brown concealer.

Wrinkles above and below eyes- usual stuff- moisturise- don't tug the skin- eat well, don't drink much, smoke and use sun screen every d ay.

Some of the brands which seem to be rated for results are Boots Pure& Protect- they do eye cream, and Olay are launching a new range soon ( read in Daily Mail!) which is proven to reduce wrinkle depth.

After that- it's the knife, I'm afraid.

CQrrrnee Sun 26-Jun-11 14:06:46

decleor excellence is very good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now