Talk

Advanced search

I have this feeling of impending doom

(11 Posts)
Mandy2003 Sat 25-Jun-11 22:24:58

My local Morrisons is rapidly putting itself out of business by enlarging the store and building all over the car park. No info given, no apology for inconvenience.

I've heard though that the extension is because they are moving into selling *clothes*. As I find everything in Sainsburys has less style than a dead dog, never find anything I like in Asda or Tescos ranges, what will their stock be like??

Anybody's Morrisons do clothes already? Come on, give us the worst!

WherecanIhide Sat 25-Jun-11 22:37:27

Ouch, you snob! wink

Mandy2003 Sat 25-Jun-11 22:42:00

No No No - I love Primark and Matalan, it's just that everything in the three places I mentioned is really strangely cut, mainly around the shoulders, and the designers put the darts in places my norks definitely ain't!

WherecanIhide Sat 25-Jun-11 22:45:17

Ok, my apologies. I must admit I haven't noticed anything strange about the cut of clothes in thoses places (supermarkets, not the norks!) grin

WhatsWrongWithYou Sat 25-Jun-11 22:46:16

Why are you shopping for clothes in the supermarket?

mittenkitten Sat 25-Jun-11 22:48:20

Oooh, when I saw your subject line I thought, "At last a kindred spirit!" Then I saw it was about clothes in supermarkets.

<wanders off to check on vodka situation>

WherecanIhide Sat 25-Jun-11 22:59:15

The thing is, if you are lucky enough to be able to afford clothes from 'higher end' high street, ifswim, then you probably would look down upon supermarket clothing. For a lot of us, such clothes are affordable, fashionable and good value for money. Also, unlike Hollister, Gap etc they fortunately don't have the brand written all over each item. That imo, looks 'cheap' and 'tacky'. If you chose carefully, supermarket clothes don't have to look cheap and nasty.

WhatsWrongWithYou Sun 26-Jun-11 09:49:35

Asos and Very have loads of good stuff in the sale. I agree logos look tacky - that's why I don't wear them. My last purchase was a cardi for £14.99 from H&M, so I don't think buy solely from 'high-end' high street, whatever that is.
New Look is also worth trying.

Mandy2003 Sun 26-Jun-11 12:54:44

Aha, time to come clean - I need cheap smart clothes for work! They wear out very quickly with the chemicals, bleach etc. It is very easy to pick up something in a supermarket rather than make a special clothes-buying trip.

So has anyone experienced the clothes-fest in Morrisons yet? It is the spiritual home of the polo-shirt-for-women (see other thread) amongst the customers so I'm keen to know what they will sell?

Mandy2003 Sun 26-Jun-11 12:57:19

Oh!

WherecanIhide Sun 26-Jun-11 14:59:08

By 'high end' high street, I mean shops like Coast where dresses cost around £130+ so not designer but definately not Zara/H&M/Next etc or supermarket prices (TU/Tescos £16+ dresses)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now