Talk

Advanced search

Dress code for VIP/Hospitility Corporate Day Silverstone British Grand Prix - what is it?

(11 Posts)
foodjunkie Sat 25-Jun-11 19:21:03

As the title says please of you can advise...what's acceptable & what isn't?
I can do smartish trousers, pumps & shirt, or trousers with vest & cardi with long necklace....things like that but dresses on my body are a no-go.

I do watch the races so kind of have an inkling but I don't have a Nicole Scherzinger body/bank balance!

All advice welcome. If what I have mentioned is wrong please be nice & tell me before I turn up wearing it smile

brookeslay Sat 25-Jun-11 19:36:36

this is a good look

Nice cashmere cardigan in soft blush colour a soft t shirt James Perse and some Current elliot caramel trousers. Nice handbag and shoes the necklace sounds great.

foodjunkie Sat 25-Jun-11 19:38:39

Ooooh I've got LOTS like that! Fab. Thankyou for confirming. I am not so worried now.

NettoSuperstar Sat 25-Jun-11 19:40:20

No idea but OMG I hate, hate, hate you.
Can I come?grin

MrsMeow Sat 25-Jun-11 20:31:13

Ohh my husband is very jealous! Hope you have a fab time smile get JBs number for me

foodjunkie Sat 25-Jun-11 20:35:08

I haven't dared tell my closest F1fan friends yet. I'm trying to be sensitive about it & not rub it in their faces. May tell them after. Is that a good thing or not?

CHOOGIRL Sat 25-Jun-11 21:30:24

There isn't a dress code, but if you are in the Paddock Club you should probably dress up. Have not done Silverstone but done several Grand Prix's and it can be v glam. Wear shoes you can walk in as it can be sometimes a trek to get from your car to the PC. I wouldn't wear trousers and a cardi personally as it would feel a bit casual - but wear what you feel comfortable in. Are you going for all three days or just the Sunday?

foodjunkie Sat 25-Jun-11 22:04:48

I am going just for the Sunday. Apparently we will be walking around the pits etc. You would wear a dress Choo?

MrsMeow...I have Jenson Buttons address! He owns the only house near me with SIX garages!!!

(That's not how we got the tickets though)

NettoSuperstar Sat 25-Jun-11 22:11:02

Never mind JB, could I get Fernando Alonso's number please?
Also, could you cheer for Felipe Massa for me?
Tagrin

CHOOGIRL Sat 25-Jun-11 22:27:39

Well if you are doing the pit lane walk you are probably in the Paddock Club. Yes Foodjunkie I have always worn dresses to F1 events, but I like dresses and only ever do the hot weather events Silverstone is a bit hit and miss even in July! Wear something you look and feel nice in. Try to avoid red - as Silverstone is sponsored by Santander and there will be lots of red around. You don't want to be mistaken for staff smile

foodjunkie Tue 28-Jun-11 08:34:56

Great advice about the red....I hadn't even thought about the red. blush

I can't afford to buy a new item so I will have a rummage in my wardrobe & take it from there.

Thankyou everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now