Talk

Advanced search

yet another question about jeans

(6 Posts)
shelley72 Sat 25-Jun-11 18:01:07

i do so need to stop agonising about jeans - maybe i should just give up on jeans forever. i have some gap curvy jeans which fit all over (ie dont gape at waist) and they look ok with heels. however they seem to be so long that i cant wear them with flats (converse or birkenstocks at the min), and i cant get any shorter length.

what shape jean would you recommend so that i can wear flats? for some reason, straight legs just dont look right on me with my fat knees. does that just leave me with bootcut (already feel i look mumsy)? is there anything else in between?

i promise that once i have this sorted, it will be my last jeans question forever (well til autumn anyway)

blossoming Sat 25-Jun-11 18:21:33

Skinnies and ballet flats? That is what I live in. Cropped ones are nice in summer too. I think they suit everyone, in the same way as opaque tights suit everyone. Just wear a longer top if there are any issues.
The other benefit of skinnies is you can wear them with heels or flats, so you need less pairs!

dexter73 Sat 25-Jun-11 18:22:28

I wear flat shoes with bootcut, straight and skinny jeans. I like bootcuts and don't think they look mumsy (unless worn with black heeled boots of course!).

Macaroona Sat 25-Jun-11 18:24:06

Def skinny jeans with ballet flats - my s/s uniform smile

shelley72 Sat 25-Jun-11 19:20:18

ah you see ballet flats look so wrong on me too (sigh)....

tulpe Sat 25-Jun-11 21:16:04

Try Citizens of Humanity Ava jeans. They are straight cut and look fab with Converse. They are low-rise at the front but cleverly cut higher at the back to avoid builders bum issues. I got a pair for £60 in TK Maxx - they were £170 on Net A Porter. The quality is amazing - heavy but not bulky and keep their shape - and, apart from Top Shop Marthas, i won't be buying high street denim again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now