Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lady jeans territory?

(23 Posts)
lookslikeacoconut Sat 25-Jun-11 16:09:28

Any ideas on where to find a decent pair of dark coloured slim fit jeans with quite a high lycra content so they always fit nicely and you don't get the baggy knees thing? Am willing to pay mid to high range price as plan to live in them if they're the right pair. Am aware that by even mentioning lycra content am I straying into 'lady jeans' territory, you know, the type with Simon Cowell waistbands and absolutely no fashion cred whatsoever but hey ho.

Bunbaker Sat 25-Jun-11 17:32:34

I don't understand why many MN posters sneer at brands like NYDJ because I think a well cut pair of jeans that fit properly look far better and are also more flattering than some ill fitting super trendy jeans, .

Just bumping because I struggle to find really comfortable well fitting jeans as I have a small waist (12 inches smaller than my hips) and find low rise jeans incredibly uncomfortable.

mittenkitten Sat 25-Jun-11 17:33:54

Eh? Most jeans seem to have some lycra / stretch to them these days.

Have you looked at J Brand? They fit well, are very durable, don't bag or sag, come in a range of rises . . . hard to beat, really.

VeraGood Sat 25-Jun-11 17:35:48

not your daughteres jeansa re GOPPING
mate who is pear sheaped said some designer at JL were good

brb

VeraGood Sat 25-Jun-11 17:37:11

ralph Lauren
but not on website

why not gap?
also monsoon apparently for pears

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sat 25-Jun-11 17:41:01

You just have to get out and try and try and try again until you find the right fit for YOU. You definitely can't rely on a web site or fashion magazines to do the job.
Start at a department store so you can try a lot in a short amount of space and time.

dexter73 Sat 25-Jun-11 17:45:58

I have some levis jeans that are straight leg and really hold their shape - here.
I agree with Vera, NYDJ are gopping!

lookslikeacoconut Sat 25-Jun-11 19:56:05

Thanks everyone - will investigate all suggestions. Am determined to find my ultimate pair of jeans, all I want is for them to hide my muffin top until the effects of all the Zumba classes kick in, make me look taller, thinner and give me a shapely bum.
Not really much to ask, is it.

ChiddelyPie Sat 25-Jun-11 20:30:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dexter73 Sat 25-Jun-11 20:51:23

Gopping

Bunbaker Sat 25-Jun-11 20:58:25

So why are NYDJ gopping then?

tulpe Sat 25-Jun-11 21:20:59

Just recommended these on another jeans thread, but try Citizens of Humanity Ava jeans. Great fit, hold their shape (I wore for 4 days without washing them when in Cornwall over half term and they still looked box fresh), flattering low rise but higher cut at the back to avoid bum cleavage displays.

I got mine in TKMaxx for £60 instead of £170.

ChiddelyPie Sat 25-Jun-11 21:37:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mandy2003 Sat 25-Jun-11 22:18:48

Sorry but when I saw the title of the post (Lady Jeans) I immediately thought of this

I wear New Look jeans, masses of styles at reasonable prices so there's sure to be one that suits you.

mittenkitten Sat 25-Jun-11 23:04:05

Which are the jeans with the built-in control panel thingies? Once a saleslady brought me a pair of those to try and I was like yeah, now I get why in Logan's Run they just incinerated everyone over 30.

So you see, OP, it could be worse. Much, much worse.

VeraGood Sun 26-Jun-11 09:26:29

nydj
the name
the cut

will get rl mate on who tried them on.

noddyholder Sun 26-Jun-11 10:36:11

I think lycra in jeans is a big no. Just try on lots of pairs in gap until you get a decent pair and then buy 2. All stretchy jeans look floppy after half a day and mumsy,they don't hold you in and never last as long as 'proper' jeans. Diesel are brilliant too if you have a shop near they do lots of fits and also levi There has got to be some sort of stitching on the bum pockets otherwise look seriously supermarkety

lookslikeacoconut Mon 27-Jun-11 00:07:56

Eek, am well over 30! If I fail to find a decent pair from suggestions made I will give up the search and just buy a Paisley waistcoat like in mom jeans.

alemci Mon 27-Jun-11 13:44:33

i bought a pair of Zafiri Jeans in John Lewis which were a tad high waisted but fit well and were good quality. I also bought Gerry webber which again were dear. They are both I believe German companies.

i am long waisted and find fashion jeans very uncomfortable as they are literally up my bottom. There is never a long enough gap between the waist and crotch and most trousers are like this. Principles were good but the Debenhams concession are not the same.

DukesOfTripHazard Mon 27-Jun-11 15:00:04

Levi curve skinny. Light, no falling down, dead flattering.

wimpybar Mon 27-Jun-11 15:10:13

second levi curve, fab a

Bunbaker Tue 28-Jun-11 13:35:27

I must get to John Lewis sometime. Perhaps I am long waisted as well because I find low rise trousers and jeans extremely uncomfortable.

HettyAmaretti Tue 28-Jun-11 13:40:06

Yes, Diesel jeans are grand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now