Talk

Advanced search

Boden summer sale 2011

(31 Posts)
gemmiecurlytots Sat 25-Jun-11 16:01:28

Anyone know when the boden summer sale 2011 starts? My dd is rockin' the summer wardrobe I bought her in last years'!

Northernlurker Sat 25-Jun-11 16:09:37

Hopefully end of next week - Thurs 30th/Friday 1st July. If it's the week after I will be sulking!!

gemmiecurlytots Sat 25-Jun-11 17:14:41

Thank you! smile

strawberryjelly Sat 25-Jun-11 20:35:03

I don't care- there's nothing- for once- i want!

MayorNaze Sun 26-Jun-11 15:06:58

i am eyeballing the maxi skirts...whaddawe think??

polyhymnia Sun 26-Jun-11 17:08:12

I hated the one I got and returned it. Didn't like the fabric - rather cheap and nylon-y feeling - and it was far too big. But it has had a few good reviews - particularly from those who've sized down.

MayorNaze Sun 26-Jun-11 18:22:21

was reading reviews, bit pick and mix

will see how much wonga is knocked off in sale...

FIFIBEBE Tue 28-Jun-11 10:13:33

29th June

LaCerbiatta Tue 28-Jun-11 12:02:47

Can you add things to your basket now and then the prices change when it goes on sale?

dexter73 Tue 28-Jun-11 12:03:45

Your basket will be emptied for the start of the sale, tugamommy.

LaCerbiatta Tue 28-Jun-11 13:13:56

not sure I'll bother then.... thre aren't that many things I like... it's all so overpriced and cheap quality...

LaCerbiatta Tue 28-Jun-11 13:14:10

Thanks though Dexter!

nappybrain Tue 28-Jun-11 13:22:26

Anyone know the start time if it's tomorrow please?

tulpe Tue 28-Jun-11 13:23:22

MayorNaze - not liking the maxi skirts. I think they will look awful irl as I believe I predicted before Poly bought hers wink

Can I just recommend this little number? It does have mixed reviews but I bought it a few months ago during the 30% offer and kept the tags on! I wasn't sure about it because it is a little roomy but I loved the colour (I have the blue). However, wore it during this hot spell and it is gorgeous and I had two women ask me where the dress was from smile . It's lovely that it isn't fitted because you find it just drapes and looks casual but very chic.

VeraGood Tue 28-Jun-11 14:27:16

the sleeveless vest here is very nice

VeraGood Tue 28-Jun-11 14:27:58

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Sleeveless-Tops/WL578/Womens-Pleated-Trim-Top.html

MayorNaze Wed 29-Jun-11 12:35:28

hmm

am toying with the breton tunic...have posted on here before i think re this...mixed reviews all round...hmm

MayorNaze Wed 29-Jun-11 12:35:59

linen dress also tempting acksherly, thanks smile

polyhymnia Wed 29-Jun-11 12:41:37

Yes, your prediction on the maxi skirt was certainly correct, tulpe!

polyhymnia Wed 29-Jun-11 12:47:40

PS, if you mean the stripy tunic, MayorNaze , I have it and would say it's OK, though not outstanding - so probably worth trying at sale prices.

moragbellingham Wed 29-Jun-11 14:48:48

Vera the pleated trim top is descibed as "textured slub" - sounds so attractive - does that mean weird jersey material?

tulpe Wed 29-Jun-11 20:43:31

MayorNaze - I can't decide about the breton tunic either. During my "very urgent and necessary Boden shopping frenzy" yesterday, I took the view that I already have several breton tees and felt the tunic would therefore be somewhat surplus to requirements.

So I settled with the St Barts top in white and "menthe" instead grin I am hoping they are lovely as my wardrobe is definitely missing a white top at least (as opposed to white tee).

Morag - I take "textured slub" to mean the kind of jersey that resembles slub silk - an uneven finish rather than smooth jersey. You end up with patches of thin and thick fabric in the same garment. Sounds foul but I have several slub tees and vests and I love the finish.

AuldAlliance Wed 29-Jun-11 22:13:11

I have the Breton tunic in grey/white. I like it. As I live in a place which is either cold and windy or pretty hot, there are limited opportunities for wearing it, because of the sleeve length, but I wore it a fair bit in the spring. And no one here has it, or has ever even heard of Boden or judged it, which is a bonus.

I think for it to look really good you need to have a fairly straight-up-and-down figure, as it could focus attentionon your hips. Mine are sticky-outy but thin, not padded, and I think it looks OK, though if you have a very well-upholstered midriff it might highlight it.

God, a whole essay on a Boden tunic. Must be time for bed... ;)

LadyWellian Wed 29-Jun-11 22:17:22

Anyone got a valid voucher code for the sale? Very disappointed that of the 58 things DD wanted in the Johnnie B catalogue there is one thing in her size. Need to check out before it disappears!

LadyWellian Wed 29-Jun-11 22:25:17

Scratch that, I had to check out - I've had the 'disappearing item in basket' before and didn't want to hang around. Doubt there are sale voucher codes anyway.

Does anyone know if things not in the sale have sold out, or if they are making us wait and will add more later? If the former they either didn't have much stock or have had their best year ever, as there's almost nothing smaller than an age 14.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now