Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

So I have been using Jojoba Oil as a face moisturiser...

(16 Posts)
Evizza Sat 25-Jun-11 10:52:42

I have been using Jojoba Oil on its own on my face at night times as my combination skin has been driving me crazy....

Have to tell you ladies, the stuff is great !! My skin is in better condition than it has been since, well, ever really !!

It feels a bit greasy when you first apply it, but in no time at all it has sunk in and I can't recommend it enough !! I am using my usual p&p serum in the morning, but Jojoba oil only on a night. Wonderful stuff !!

Just thought I would share with you ladies smile

kyacat Sat 25-Jun-11 11:11:21

I have started using it on my face at night after I've used the OCM, you're right it's great! smile

Have you tried it in your hair? Fab for that too. Just smooth some in and leave it a while then wash it, makes a great deep conditioning treatment.

PetiteMum Sat 25-Jun-11 12:25:06

I've been using this as a facial moisturiser for the last 7 yes and never looked back! I used to think I had combo skin, but after starting this my oily t zone just vanished! My skin is uber sensitive too, and I never had much Luck with moisturisers. Not used in hair though, I tend to use coconut oil for that smile

msbunbury Sat 25-Jun-11 12:30:51

Where do I procure jojoba oil then?!?!

AmberLeaf Sat 25-Jun-11 12:34:36

Is it ok for skin that has the odd tendancy for a spot or two?

iEmbarassedMyself Sat 25-Jun-11 12:39:58

I've been meaning to try out some sweet almond oil, I'll give jojoba a try instead - do you use a little or quite a bit?

kyacat Sat 25-Jun-11 14:19:00

I buy jojoba oil on Amazon. AmberLeaf I get the odd spot and it's not made worse by the oil. Just got to make sure not to use too much and massage it in well. I use a small amount - just a couple of drops does it.

PetiteMum Sat 25-Jun-11 14:37:31

I buy it from holland and barratt. Lasts ages too as you literally need 2 drops

ShowMeTheMonet Sat 25-Jun-11 15:35:11

Any chance of a link for the Amazon one?

kyacat Sat 25-Jun-11 18:55:29

This is the one I bought, fast delivery and good price. I get my coconut oil from them too. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00205C4J8/ref=oss_product

ShowMeTheMonet Sat 25-Jun-11 18:58:36

Brill smile What do you use coconut oil for? confused

kyacat Sat 25-Jun-11 19:49:18

I use coconut oil as a body moisturiser, a leave-in deep conditioning treatment for my hair, and to tame my hair if it's a bit frizzy. I also eat it, it comes in a pure solid form and melts at body temperature. It's a great all-rounder smile

MissFoodie Sun 26-Jun-11 10:55:15

at last!!!! smile
jojoba is brilliant, the oil that most closely resembles our skin's sebum, so perfect for any type!!! is also a brilliant eye make up remover too!
and coconut oil is fab as a cleanser and also for making flapjacks!!!!

PinotsKittens Sun 26-Jun-11 11:00:51

I like the idea of skincare I can eat grin

MissFoodie Sun 26-Jun-11 11:04:49

yes, I'm amazed when I read what people put on their skin - if you can't eat it, you shouldn't put it on your face, especially since your skin absorbs everything!

kyacat Sun 26-Jun-11 19:39:10

I agree MissFoodie smile Oooh I'm going to have to make flapjack with the DCs now, so I can try adding some!

And if anyone likes the green innocent smoothie, the kiwi one, try adding some coconut to that, it's awesome!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: