Talk

Advanced search

Boden sizes....

(11 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 24-Jun-11 21:18:45

...are they about right, or on the big/small size?

I'm thinking of womens and childrens clothes. I've never bought anything from them before but am looking at a few things on e-bay to see what I think before I take the plunge and buy things directly from them (once I've done a bit of overtime!).

Should I just go for our normal sizes or do I need to up/downsize?

bellavita Fri 24-Jun-11 21:22:16

I bought two dresses (never had anything before) perfect fit. I had at the same time ordered a third dress in the same size but it was on the small size - maybe depends on the cut?

polyhymnia Fri 24-Jun-11 21:30:55

Don't know about children's sizes but find women's pretty variable. Not only between different items, but have even known same item to have a rather different fit in different colours.

pirateparty Fri 24-Jun-11 21:33:09

My 50th centile boy fits his age size, although sometimes trousers are on the long side. I think the waists are quite slim (which suits him) but in the reviews I often notice people saying they size up.

For me I find the sizing pretty much spot on but some items need trying on and can be strangely tight/ odd fitting. Which is why you must always get a free returns offer, and also never pay full price!

Also, the sale is very soon (usually first week of July)so I'd wait til then if I was you, unless there is something you are desperate for.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 24-Jun-11 21:53:16

Oooh - thanks for the sale tip!

Does the sale usually include free returns - think I'd be best to get a selection of sizes by the sounds of it!

I'm after a dress for a wedding at the end of August, but I'm pretty hopeless at dressing smartly!

pirateparty Sat 25-Jun-11 01:34:23

No, actually the sale doesn't usually have free returns - good point! The discounts are usually pretty good in the sale so might be worth the risk. Or you could try a couple of dresses and sizes now and send them back (whilst it's free to do so) hoping one of them is in the sale later and you can snap up a bargin! Although that's a bit of a high risk strategy and I'm sure johnny wouldn't approve! I tend to get quite a lot in the sale and think that the returns cost is made up for by the discount on the things I do buy and keep.

herecomesthsun Sat 25-Jun-11 03:01:49

If you get stuff on offer, you can get discounts of up to 50% before the sale. I have accumulated a load of return vouchers from this. Also a load of return-via-your-corner-shop dockets. And it seems you can use those in the sale.

pirateparty Sat 25-Jun-11 04:59:59

What's a return via your corner shop docket?

herecomesthsun Sat 25-Jun-11 05:16:25

collect+

pirateparty Sat 25-Jun-11 08:18:49

What a revelation! I've never heard of that and there is one really close to me. Thanks herecomesthesun

snailsontour Sat 25-Jun-11 12:28:04

I always check the sizing info and read the reviews to see how the item appears to be sizing.

I'm generally a 10 or 12 on the High St and am the same with Boden - but I have never had to size up. I guess in reality I'd be an 11 if there was such a thing - big 10 small 12. I do have different colours of the same item in different sizes so it can be a bit hit and miss - as it is on the High st.

Whilst it grieves me to have to order 2 sizes, I do if it's an item I really want to fit in a particular way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now