Talk

Advanced search

you know when.....

(6 Posts)
waxlyrical Fri 24-Jun-11 20:13:13

you buy something thinking you look "cutting edge" and individual but actually this fails because you're too old/frumpy. Does anyone else find this? Recent buy = flat hush puppy sandals to wear with summer dresses in a "quirky" way. More recent realisation = just look like old lady. Please reassure me I'm not alone.

madammecholet Fri 24-Jun-11 20:28:03

You honestly bought hush puppy sandals thinking you were 'cutting edge'?

Thank goodness you have seen the light, can you take them back?

waxlyrical Fri 24-Jun-11 20:40:23

No tis too late I fear. At the time I thought I was making a quirky anti-fashion statement to contrast with my, (in my mind anyway ), cutting edge attire - but I'm a mum of 2 in in my 40's FGS blush

TattyDevine Fri 24-Jun-11 20:44:47

Chic Ironique...

ohhappyday Fri 24-Jun-11 20:50:21

WAX I've felt like this since I was in my mid twenties (i'm your age group) your not alone honey your not alone, I look at other women who seem to spend very little on clothes, make up etc and they look amazing. I can spend a small fortune and still feel and look like a sack of spuds. I would love to look classic and sleek think Bree Van de Kamp but It never seems to work like that I'M SICK OF IT also, I work like mad at keeping fit but still feel and look chunky

marilynwhirlwind Fri 24-Jun-11 22:26:56

You are not alone. However I don't feel any less liberated or quirky in my 40's than I was in my 20's (although I was a lot slimmer then). In fact I feel I made far more mistakes in my 20's. The great thing about being older is that a) You've got a far better idea about what suits you b) Nobody actually notices your mistakes (unless too much flesh is involved), they only notice when you get it right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now