Talk

Advanced search

Brazilian blow dry - can you have it without the straightening effect?

(12 Posts)
pawsnclaws Fri 24-Jun-11 19:24:16

I've got thick curly hair, which I actually quite like but it can get dry and a bit knotty at the ends - I've never had it straight and don't think it would suit me. Is it possible to have the Brazilian blow dry salon treatment as a conditioning treatment only, or do you have to have the straighteners used on your hair?

I've done some reading up but can't work out if the straightening irons are to seal in all the active ingredients or straighten the hair? Does that make sense?

Terraviva Sat 25-Jun-11 12:53:36

I'd like to know as well if the Brazilian Blow-Dry only straightens hair. My hair's quite wavy and I'd be tempted to have the treatment if it made my hair look glossy & styled, but not straight, iyswim.

Anyone know?!

lubeybooby Sat 25-Jun-11 12:55:31

Never had the blow dry so can't be 100% here but I think you might be better off with morrocan/argan oil instead

Pinner35 Sat 25-Jun-11 12:57:42

You have to have the straighteners to seal in the product, but its not a straightening treatment, so once you wash your hair you'll still have curls but they will be sleek, smooth and frizz free (well, in theory anyway!)

OrangeHat Sat 25-Jun-11 13:03:14

When I had it they told me that it wasn't a straightening treatment, just conditioning. As pinner says they use the straighteners to seal it in but when you wash after ?2 days it goes back to normal. (Mine is wavy in some places and curlier in others).

It did make my hair look nice but it was expensive, I havent' had it done again.

Terraviva Sat 25-Jun-11 14:43:44

Cheers for the responses. Hmmm, will check out morrocan oil as well. I am incredibly lazy with my hair and don't even blow dry it, so some treatment that makes it look a bit 'styled' but without any effort on my part is what I'm after!!

eurochick Sat 25-Jun-11 15:33:58

My hair is wavey and it makes it straight.

trixymalixy Sat 25-Jun-11 15:39:17

It doesn't straighten, it just makes it less frizzy and easier to manage. It's only temporary anyway.

rubyrubyruby Sat 25-Jun-11 15:42:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

trixymalixy Sat 25-Jun-11 15:44:16

I need to try this Moroccan oil stuff, can you buy a sample somewhere?

Terraviva Sat 25-Jun-11 16:40:21

Had a quick look at Google about morrocon oil... Is it a product you buy and use at home, or is a treatment you get done at the salon? Or both?!

pawsnclaws Sat 25-Jun-11 16:55:51

Thank you all that's helpful - will do some more googling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now