Talk

Advanced search

DH's 40th birthday party and I have just given birth... Help!

(14 Posts)
Maternelle Thu 23-Jun-11 21:29:39

DH's birthday party is coming up and I have just given birth. There will be people I haven't seen in ages, and I look horrible :-(
3rd c-section, I still look about 7 months pregnant and I have put on 3 stones.

I am looking at this style of dresses. What do you think?

I am 5 ft 7, dark hair, ok legs, BF-ibg so huge breasts, quite broad shoulders.

this

or this

Romilly70 Thu 23-Jun-11 21:32:31

congratulations on the new baby!
I think the v-neck dress so you can wow everyone with your stunning cleavage!
have a lovely time at the party!!

jem1980 Thu 23-Jun-11 21:35:10

The Jigsaw one is gorgeous and will be great quality and amazing on! Have sympathy - my 30th was few weeks after having DC3. Just remember you will have that post-birth radiance to rely on!

Maternelle Thu 23-Jun-11 21:37:04

I used to be a rock chick in a previous life, hence the black theme...

Maternelle Thu 23-Jun-11 21:37:39

Post-birth radiance? Not sure I got the memo...

tigana Thu 23-Jun-11 21:38:11

the v neck gets my vote. the other one looks like it could easily become 'shapeless sack', esp with big boobs under the relatively high neckline (wide expanse of fabric?)

congratulations!

cece Thu 23-Jun-11 21:42:28

I am no expert but I like these

wrap party dress

with sleeves

black

some nice ones amongst the Biba ones

HTH

Maternelle Fri 24-Jun-11 07:39:31

Thanks cece. I like some of the Biba ones too. Not sure about patterns though with my massive floppy belly.

pink4ever Fri 24-Jun-11 08:00:54

Sorry op but I think the two dresses you picked are horrible especially the jigsaw and ££££ for a blaxk sack!!.
You have my sympathy as I also have a horrendous overhang after two cs. I like some of the biba ones. I think you should stick to black if thats what you feel comfortable in but go for a deep v neck or wrap style and brighten it up with accesories.

Maternelle Fri 24-Jun-11 08:20:37

I agree about the Jigsaw one. It will look like a sack. Especially with massive boobs and overhang.
I like some of the flowery Biba ones, maybe I should try some on.
I do feel more comfortable in black and a V-neck would mean easy BF-ing at the party.
I was thinking of carrying the baby in a sling the whole time to hide my tummy smile

missymissmiss Fri 24-Jun-11 08:28:05

sorry but i tend to agree with pink4ever

i think its going to be tough to buy something online without trying on, if you have a department store nearby john lewis, house of fraser, debenhams the like see if you can book in for a (free) personal shopper to help? you can stay in the changing room with baby while personal shopper runs around the store picking out dresses for you to try on.

worldgonecrazy Fri 24-Jun-11 09:07:31

Don't forget your 'suck it all in' foundation wear. I went out to a posh event and managed to find a dress I could wear one of my old corsets underneath. Okay, there was a massive gap at the back of the corset but it meant I didn't have to worry about floppy baby belly.

Maternelle Fri 24-Jun-11 09:45:57

I have an old corset, but not sure I can fasten any of the hooks I am so large.
How about slim black trousers and a floaty top.
[http://www.jigsaw-online.com/fashion/1001406/J09915/womens/shirts-and-blouses/cotton-muslin-embroidered-shirt like this] and [http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/74BJ5/Lily+Denim+Skinny+Jeans.htm this]

Maternelle Fri 24-Jun-11 09:47:03

oops messed up the links

like this and this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now