Talk

Advanced search

Help me find some jeans please - 5'2, curvy size 10!

(14 Posts)
sunnyincornwall1 Thu 23-Jun-11 20:29:38

Some help would be really gratefully received. I don't have much time to spend hours trying on loads of pairs of jeans - but I really do need some new ones. I don't mind spending a bit to get some jeans that are really well fitting. My body shape seems to be the problem. I'm 5'2, size 10 and I love the look of skinny fit jeans, but most I can't seem to get over my (not huge, but muscly!) thighs. I'm short and curvy and just cant ever seem to find jeans that fit well. Oh yeah - they have to be comfy too! If not I just won't end up wearing them.

I have a friend who has just recently bought some Paige black skinny jeans and they look fab - but she's a completely different shape to me.

Anyone out there who can help???? Please!

dexter73 Thu 23-Jun-11 21:03:46

Tbh the only way to get good fitting jeans is to try on loads of different ones. Can you go to a department store like John Lewis and get a personal shopper to help you?

mrsjuan Thu 23-Jun-11 21:07:28

I am a similar shape and like paige hidden hills jeans - the straight ones rather than very skinny.
Gap long and lean are good (but still straight rather than skinny)
To be honest, the best fitting pair of skinny jeans I have are from New Look!

weaselbudge Thu 23-Jun-11 22:23:21

I was about to write a similar post -I'm 5'6" with big bum and thighs but small waist. I tend to live day to day in boden wide leg jeans but want something smarter so i can dress up a bit and feel glam. I bought the boden straight leg jeans which are ok but still gap round the waist and don't feel very special. Even at my height i find most jeans are too long for flat shoes. I might try to head for gap and try some on but it's not easy when you've got two toddlers in tow! i have half-heartedly looked at some jbrand and other posh jeans on the net but can't be ar**d to order them just to find out they probably don't fit! Does anyone know anything about those bespoke levis I've seen advertised?

TigerseyeMum Thu 23-Jun-11 22:34:01

I am like this and Fat Face jeans fit me well. I also have Tesco jeans but they are a bit 'snug'.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Thu 23-Jun-11 22:35:50

Try Oasis for jeans made to fit curves. I think they come in petitie lengths too.

Also Gap Curvy do different leg lengths but I'm not sure if they do them as a skinny fit.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Thu 23-Jun-11 22:36:19

Scuse typos - trying to do too many things at once, sorry.

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Thu 23-Jun-11 22:41:14

Levi ID curve jeans - you can be a slight curve, a demi curve, a bold curve, or a supreme curve. If you go to a Levi store they will measure you and bring you jeans that fit.

maddy68 Thu 23-Jun-11 22:46:31

I am a similar shape and I find tesco jeans the best

chocoroo Thu 23-Jun-11 22:57:17

I'm curvy (although a 14 post pregnancy) and have always favoured Oasis for jeans. They do a long length but not petite though so try might be long on you - I'm 5'5".

In fact I have their Garnet jeans in a 10, 12 and 14 as I was not willing to give them up while pregnant!

SevenAgainstThebes Thu 23-Jun-11 23:09:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sunnyincornwall1 Fri 24-Jun-11 06:28:38

Bugger. I mean thank you everyone for your helpful comments, but I've realised from your comments that I'm just going to have to go into a department store and actually try loads of them on <sulk> I need a magical fairy to just look at me and with her wand conjure up an amazing pair that fit perfectly. Jeans shopping = depression!

sunnyincornwall1 Fri 24-Jun-11 06:29:19

will keep you posted (if I ever manage to escape for several hours child-free) when I get around to going shopping!

plipplops Fri 24-Jun-11 09:58:06

I think Gap are great, I'm 5'4 and curvy (well on the bottom half anyway!), and wear their long & lean and curvy ones. I know they fit me now so just get them online when I need a new pair...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now