Talk

Advanced search

White Company, are they worth the extra $$$

(14 Posts)
Vi8 Thu 23-Jun-11 20:14:27

I've just ordered the linen trousers and a mac. Quite expensive even in the sale, thinking of cancelling, any advice? Is it really good quality/much better than Boden? what's their sizing like? Flattering? I'm 43, size 12, urban style...

scarlettsmummy2 Thu 23-Jun-11 20:21:31

I haven't bought any adult clothes but I have bought my toddler loads and the quality is great. She has white linen trousers and they are a really heavy linen and not at all see- through! I also bought her several rompers and sleep suits and they washed brillantly.We also bought all her nursery stuff from there and it is really good, solid wood. It was definitely the best quality nursery stuff we saw and worth the extra. I am just really sad I can't afford to buy more of it for my second baby!

I probably wouldn't bother with their yoga/ stretch stuff as it probably is over-priced for what you use it for but I am sure more formal clothes like you have ordered would be worth it.

Vi8 Thu 23-Jun-11 22:01:09

Thanks Scarlettsmummy2, that's reassuring! Any more White Stuff satisfied customers out there?

moragbellingham Thu 23-Jun-11 22:08:30

Quality is very good.
The jersey stuff lasts ages and washes well, the bedding washes brilliantly.

strawberryjelly Thu 23-Jun-11 22:15:16

I returned the linen trousers as much too wide for me and too heavy.

quality if good overall but would never buy without a discount- if you get on the email list you always get 25% off if you spend over £75 and free P&P, when new seasons comes out.

strawberryjelly Thu 23-Jun-11 22:15:41

sorry that should be 20%.

winefairy Thu 23-Jun-11 22:21:08

I'm confused. White Company or White Stuff? confused

Vi8 Fri 24-Jun-11 09:06:43

White Company

eyethangyou Fri 24-Jun-11 09:24:12

their leggings are the Best Ever and I love them more than is proper.

winefairy Fri 24-Jun-11 09:34:02

Okay, in that case, I love the White Company! The quality is good, far better than Boden. Have always bought all DD's nightwear there and it lasts forever. Practically indestructible!

Adult sizing is fairly generous too and I find things are cut really well. Can't fault them really. Hope you like your mac and trousers!

higgle Fri 24-Jun-11 09:53:44

I bought a duvet cover 16 years ago and it is still looking good ( used every other week)

Vi8 Fri 24-Jun-11 18:17:25

Great! Apparently I could get a refund/exchange at one of their shops, so that's good news in case I don't look like the model in the catalogue in those linen pants, grin

Gorran Fri 24-Jun-11 21:11:10

I buy my DDs nighties from there and they last forever. At the risk of sounding like my Nan; they wash so beautifullygrin

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Fri 24-Jun-11 21:43:48

Yes they are worth it. I bought a jersey dress for 70 pounds but it is brilliant; holds its shape really well; washes well. Otherwise, I've only bought sale stuff at bargainous prices, so even more worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now