Talk

Advanced search

Epilating problem - what can I do?

(9 Posts)
theladylovescupcakes Thu 23-Jun-11 16:05:15

Epilating legs and underarms and the hairs are quite fine - they're mostly breaking off and not being pulled out by the root, consequently they're coming back in after only a week, and some ingrowing too. Is there anything I can do about this? Trying to exfoliate and moisturise as much as I can, but is it the case that I've made my hair finer by being a waxer/epilator for years and have to live with it? Dying to get my legs out in this nice weather, but they're blotching, red, scarred and generally a bit shameful. Thanks.

Ryoko Thu 23-Jun-11 17:31:14

My only suggestion is to get a razor and some shaving gel and use that for a while.

QuinnFabray Thu 23-Jun-11 17:41:29

I had to give up on the epilator because of ingrowing hairs and bumpy skin. Shaving is a bit of a pain, but atleast the the results are good.

Ryoko Thu 23-Jun-11 18:22:34

I actually just got an Epilator and used it for the first time yesterday, I've all ways wet shaved up until now and have all ways had ingrowing hairs and razor rash, please tell me the epilator isn't going to give me even more ingrowing hairs?

Willowisp Thu 23-Jun-11 18:26:27

I get this too, have you tried having your legs waxed with sugar at a salon ?

Unadventurous Thu 23-Jun-11 20:11:23

I've had horrendous ingrown hairs since using my epilator despite doing all the right things . I've just given up and gone back to using a razor!

theladylovescupcakes Fri 24-Jun-11 08:24:23

might give the sugar a try, willoisp. I also have a laser hair removal thingy but no good doing it during the summer. might have to give up epilating and go back to the razor. thanks folks.

Finallygotaroundtoit Fri 24-Jun-11 08:31:25

Lady, why not use your laser in the summer?

I'm considering getting the Boots one cos it can be used on the face
www.boots.com/en/Boots-Smooth-Skin-Intense-Pulsed-Light-permanent-hair-reduction_117122/
but the comments are putting me off

theladylovescupcakes Fri 24-Jun-11 10:34:34

Finally - just thought it would make more sense to do it in the winter months when I can have hairy legs blush. i've had mine for a while but haven't really committed to doing the hair removal thing. i think once a week for around a month is what they suggest in order to catch hair when it's in the growing phase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now