Talk

Advanced search

Help! Peg Leg trousers - yes or no?!

(5 Posts)
moodymary Thu 23-Jun-11 16:02:03

I have panic-bought a pair of these today because they were in the sale and are comfy blush. I have a girls night out on sat and was planning to wear them then but am now wondering whether they are a trend that has been and gone and I will look a bit out of date! So, help me out, can i wear them?

wordsonapage Thu 23-Jun-11 16:10:20

No

FaffTastic Thu 23-Jun-11 20:23:31

Yes on other people but no on me (make my hips and arse look waaay bigger)

TooImmature2BMum Thu 23-Jun-11 20:29:05

Have you got very thin hips and thighs? If not, I think they are going out and wide-legged 70-style trousers are coming in. Besides, I was put off by an article at least a year ago rhapsodising about them and saying the perfect peg leg trousers make your leg look like a carrot. Um, why would I want my leg to look like a carrot? (It was in Elle or summat)

moodymary Fri 24-Jun-11 15:04:18

Wouldn't say I have very thin hips and thighs, size 10 but a bit lumpy since birth of ds so better not risk it! Lumpy carrot is not a good look. I already have a pair of wide leg trousers so will wear those and save the peg leg for a lower profile outing (eg dinner with dh therefore sitting down a lot.) Thank you for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now