Talk

Advanced search

please help me find one of these lovely cape-style tops

(7 Posts)
superv1xen Thu 23-Jun-11 15:40:39

thats the only way i can describe them! i keep seeing other women wearing them and i really want one!

i looked everywhere today in town and no joy. well i found one in house of fraser but it was 30 quid and i don't want to spend that much on a summer top which will be out of fashion next year.

they are about hip length and have no sleeves as such but your arms come through them almost poncho/cape style but they are stitched together to create kind of sleeves. sorry, i am aware this is a crap description blush

they are often (but not always) in white lacey kind of material.

they look so lovely and summery.

superv1xen Thu 23-Jun-11 17:00:16

oh come on someone has to know surely!!! sad

dexter73 Thu 23-Jun-11 17:49:18

There was a thread about one a few days ago, but it is £38.

moonmother Thu 23-Jun-11 17:58:50

Try searching for kimono style tops - there's out there esp on ebay at the mo.

If you are a crafty type try this

sewconvert.wordpress.com/2010/12/06/the-1-hour-kaftan-tutorial-butterfly-kaftan/

scroll down the page for the adult size one grin

superv1xen Fri 24-Jun-11 09:38:30

ooh that next one is lovely smile

moonmother thank you, thats gorgeous, but sadly i am about as far removed from a "crafty type" as you can get haha grin

superv1xen Sun 26-Jun-11 17:31:28

well i got a lovely one in primark ( blush ) over the weekend, its cream and has tassels on it (the sort that are trendy at the moment) its actually really beautiful and was only 8 quid! it hangs really nicely and is a lovely material. its gonna go with loads of things.

TracyK Sun 26-Jun-11 17:34:49

H&M and New Look have loads and loads of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now