Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

short shorts on girls

(5 Posts)
whyohwine Thu 23-Jun-11 13:00:17

My DD is 7. I really like her to dress as a child and not to wear grown up or "sexy" clothes. She has seen some shorts she likes in a catalogue. They are short shorts. I can;t quite decide whether they are appropriate or not. On the one hand, I am sure kids used to wear shorter shorts before the longer ones became more popular, and no one would have thought anything of it. On the other hand, short shorts on adults are thought of as "sexy" (think Daisy Duke).
What do you think when you see girls of this age in shorts of this type?

LindyHemming Thu 23-Jun-11 13:02:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissRead Thu 23-Jun-11 13:03:36

I think it depends on what she wears them with - t-shirt and flip flops would look fine, crop top and heeled sandals less so. Hate having to worry about this sort of thing though.

DamselInDisarray Thu 23-Jun-11 13:04:55

She's 7 and they're shorts. Lighten up.

Look back at photos of yourself as a child and see how short your shorts were. She'll look like a 7 year old in shorts.

whyohwine Thu 23-Jun-11 15:13:14

Thanks, this is what i really think too (i.e. she is a child, they are shorts). just wondered if others might react differently. She will not be wearing heels and a crop top!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: