Talk

Advanced search

If you're one of those people who always wear matching underwear...

(21 Posts)
headfairy Thu 23-Jun-11 11:40:26

does that mean you change your bra every day, or do you have several pairs of pants to match your bras so you can wear the bra a couple of times but change your pants every day?

Elliptic5 Thu 23-Jun-11 14:47:57

2 pants to every bra smile

headfairy Thu 23-Jun-11 15:12:46

God, doesn't it get really expensive? Considering that decent bras come in at about £25, matching undies are what? Around £15. So that's £30 for 2 pairs, £55 per set of underwear? How many sets like that do you have Elliptic?

yummytummy Thu 23-Jun-11 15:15:51

dont all have to be very expensive sets! can actually get some nice sets in asda and primark at around £8! also places like la senza in sale also good.

sweetheart Thu 23-Jun-11 15:17:12

I wear matching colour but not neccesarily matching sets. I tend to stick with black, white and nude with a few posh sets thrown in (with which I always buy 2 pairs of pants).

I buy a pack of 5 white knickers and wear then with a white bra for example.

wordsonapage Thu 23-Jun-11 15:37:51

Nice stuff is 2 x pants to bra (usually coloured and on the tarty/ frippery side)
Then have a multitude of black/ nude

I dislike white underwear it always goes grey or shows through.

Elliptic5 Thu 23-Jun-11 15:42:16

I guess it is expensive headfairy, especially as I have about 8 sets mostly of Freya stuff. But I feel better if I look good underneath as I seem to spend most of my days in my shitty gardening gear grin.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 23-Jun-11 16:55:13

I don't do matching undies, partly because I have an almost pathological horror of being matchy-matchy. Another reason though is that, although the bra in a matching set is often lovely, I usually find that the knickers are a bit frou-frou and full of nasty manmade material. How do others get round this?

pfbornot Thu 23-Jun-11 16:57:05

Lady Clarice - you colour match. Get a black bra that you like and just buy a 5 pack of cotton pants from M&S.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 23-Jun-11 17:31:50

Ohhhhh. Genuinely did not know that and thought 'matching' meant literally a set you buy together ...

Hang on. Black is easy enough, and presumably white, but what about when you get into colours? Is M&S or wherever likely to be able to exactly colour-match, say, my favourite raspberry-pink bra? I have a fear of things that nearly match but don't really, properly.
<sad>
<freak>

pfbornot Thu 23-Jun-11 17:32:39

I only do black!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 23-Jun-11 18:53:38

TK Maxx is good for undies, I always wear matching but DH buys 90% of my undies so I just get one bra and one pair of knickers but its nice to wear a different set every day barring things that need a strapless bra.

If you want to keep it looking nice you have to wash the bra and pants together or the knickers fade before the bra. Woolite hang your head in shame.

headfairy Thu 23-Jun-11 20:09:44

the only problem I find with buying cheaper bras is that they don't really do justice to my big boobs.. I need a crane supportive bra as I'm 34F. Been buying from Bravissimo but they're blardy expensive and I need to replace my entire underwear drawer.

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Thu 23-Jun-11 20:11:14

I get one pair of knicks for each bra cause your bra is next to your skin all day.

orangehead Thu 23-Jun-11 20:13:14

I have two pair of pants for every bra

TheOriginalFAB Thu 23-Jun-11 20:16:05

One of each. Clean bra every day, clean knickers every day.

TooImmature2BMum Thu 23-Jun-11 20:20:20

I get 2 pairs of pants per bra too, but am terrible at having wearing matching undies, especially since I currently have only 3 fitting bras (2 nude Bravissimo ones and an ancient black sports bra). Must go bra-shopping! Am somewhere in the 34 E-FF range but have been on diet so hopefully that will change.

I have a friend who is pathological about wearing matching undies, to the point where her underwear has to also match her socks and go with her outfit (ie, she won't wear, say, a pink top with red underwear even if it doesn't show through). Now that's mental!

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Thu 23-Jun-11 20:43:24

I like clashing my undies with my clothes.

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 23-Jun-11 20:47:00

Tooimmature are you my friend? I do that blush

Usually 2 or 3 pants per bra, but otherwise just colour match

PlanetEarth Thu 23-Jun-11 21:03:26

I agree with 2 pairs of pants per bra for coloured sets. I don't go for big French knickers or thongs though and a lot of matching knickers are like this, which puts me off buying the bra. I also have some non-matching bras/knickers in black, which are fine together.

I also rarely use white underwear - I don't generally wear pastels so there's no see-through problem, and I hate that grey gungy look you get with white underwear.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 24-Jun-11 11:13:05

I like clashing bra with knickers, and I like nude, black or bright colours. White is too high-maintenance and looks cheap and/or grubby after about one outing, and I hate everything about pastels including the word!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now