Talk

Advanced search

Would this dress be ok for a wedding?

(14 Posts)
Oblyx Thu 23-Jun-11 11:24:34

I could really do with some style advice!
I've got this dress
Do you think it would be ok to wear to a wedding? Or is it too much like evening wear or too bright?

virginiasmonalogue Thu 23-Jun-11 11:26:09

I think it would be fine. Fab price!!

thumbwitch Thu 23-Jun-11 11:28:14

looks fine to me!

BulletWithAName Thu 23-Jun-11 11:30:04

What a bargain- it's very nice and fine for a wedding! smile

Oblyx Thu 23-Jun-11 12:31:59

Oh good thanks for your replies! I never wear dresses and haven't been to many weddings, so haven't got a clue about these things!

LuckyMrsT Thu 23-Jun-11 14:21:04

I've seen some VERY dressed up girlies at the last few weddings I've been to, you won't be overdressed. Your frock is lovely btw.

worldgonecrazy Thu 23-Jun-11 14:43:30

I think it's a very lovely dress. I am a bit old-fashioned, so if it's a church wedding I'd buy a wrap or shrug to cover bare shoulders.

Oblyx Thu 23-Jun-11 16:28:03

Thanks, I feel more confident about it now. I will definitely be wearing a shrug or something in the church, mainly cos I hate being cold!

TheOriginalFAB Thu 23-Jun-11 16:29:18

It is very nice. Make sure you wear a halter neck bra with it and check for VPL.

kittywalker Thu 23-Jun-11 16:30:59

It's lovely!

Havingkittens Thu 23-Jun-11 17:24:17

As someone that works with a lot of brides the only thing I would say is with a very dressy dress in a single colour, make sure it's not the same colour as the bridesmaids are wearing!

stillstanding Thu 23-Jun-11 17:26:40

Lovely dress!

Oblyx Fri 24-Jun-11 09:14:34

Very good point havingkittens. I just found out that the bridemaids will be wearing burgundy, so maybe a red dress would be too similar?
Dressing up is so difficult! Everyone else makes it look so easy

Havingkittens Fri 24-Jun-11 09:19:35

I think you'd be ok if they are wearing burgundy. It only looks funny if you really match the bridesmaids. My friend's sister in law wore a bridesmaid style dress in exactly the same colour as the bridesmaids and it looked a bit like she was annoyed she hadn't been asked so had gone and got a matching dress anyway!

It is a lovely dress btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now