Talk

Advanced search

Why do all baby cardigans have hoods?

(23 Posts)
Eglu Thu 23-Jun-11 11:19:58

I've just realised that I obnly have one little cardigan that is likely to be too small for DC3 when she arrives, so have been looking for a little white cardigan online, and everything I have found so far has a hood. My newborn does not need a hoo, especially in July.

LadyWord Thu 23-Jun-11 11:33:45

They don't - I like them to have a hood, so I generally find I can only come across ones without! Try mothercare, sainsburys or gap.

prolificwillybreeder Thu 23-Jun-11 11:36:34

I think JoJo have one.
I know what you mean, we are having the same problem!

LadyWord Thu 23-Jun-11 11:36:46

awww! not cheap but perhaps ok as a special thing to get your new babe.

LadyWord Thu 23-Jun-11 11:38:06

Oh it's just literally gone in the sale when I checked the link! So a bit cheaper now.

LadyWord Thu 23-Jun-11 11:40:06

or a nice plain one

happyhorse Thu 23-Jun-11 11:42:55

I've wondered this too. Also if you have a boy it's so hard to find jumpers/cardiagans without hoods as they get older. Hoods are the work of the devil IMO.

Pagwatch Thu 23-Jun-11 11:44:19

little baby asbo..

thumbwitch Thu 23-Jun-11 11:59:40

I have always managed to find at least one cardigan without a hood in Tesco, even for little boys. Always with a zip closing though.

BestLaidPlans Thu 23-Jun-11 13:22:38

Can you knit? Lots of really lovely patterns on Ravelry. If not, can I offer to knit one for you? A lovely Mumsnetter did me a favour recently and I'd like to pay it forward.

Eglu Thu 23-Jun-11 20:29:27

Ladyword I didn't think of trying John Lewis, thanks. THat one is very cute.

I've managed to find one on Jojo maman bebe too, that is nice. I can knit bestlaidplans, well I did learn when I eas a child, but neverm ade anything proper. It is a very kind offer to knit something for me, but I would feel embarrassed to accept a gift.

FIFIBEBE Thu 23-Jun-11 20:56:26

And pockets - why?

moragbellingham Thu 23-Jun-11 22:06:57

I bought these jersey jackets which were plain white and unisex when my DC were babies. Great for layering and no lumpy hood for them to lie on and make them cry!!

Geordieminx Thu 23-Jun-11 22:19:18

I can't be comfy lying on your back with a hood underneath you.

Pockets are for keys, mobile and rags innit? wink

herecomesthsun Fri 24-Jun-11 01:07:26

little white cardie -I got a little white "White Company" cardie off Ebay last time I was preggers. I was going to offer to send it to youbut then realised that, God willing, it does appear I might need it myself early next year grin

mummydarlingsausage Fri 24-Jun-11 07:11:21

have you looked at bonnie baby?
(there is a page with cashmere cardigans aswell) usually pricey but BAMBINO40 gives 40% off until 20/07.

irishqueen Fri 24-Jun-11 08:01:47

Op would you like some knitted stuff foc? I was just going to give it to charidee ... Grandma knitted! My 16 weeker too big now! No hoods. Pm me

irishqueen Fri 24-Jun-11 08:01:47

Op would you like some knitted stuff foc? I was just going to give it to charidee ... Grandma knitted! My 16 weeker too big now! No hoods. Pm me

Adagoo Fri 24-Jun-11 10:53:55

My baby is bald. I only buy cardigans with hoods smile

Mamas and Papas have their sale on ATM. No hoods smile

Eglu Fri 24-Jun-11 11:10:44

Thank you all for the links. That bonnie baby stuff is lovely. I have a friend whose parents have a cashmere mill, so am going to get something nice from them. ALthough cashmere not great for everyday use.

irishqueen that is very kind of you, but my babies have all has sensitive skin and can't wear wool.

Eglu Fri 24-Jun-11 11:11:50

I wish I couls get to the shops and not have to rely on internet shopping, but I live in the the middle of nowhere and really struggle going anywhere just now.

cat64 Fri 24-Jun-11 11:17:13

Message withdrawn

sungirltan Fri 24-Jun-11 11:20:06

you can get more trad nb stuff in debenhams - jasper conran range etc - lots of white thing there.

dd has some lovely jojo cardiagans too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now