Talk

Advanced search

How many different creams/serums products do you use on your face

(24 Posts)
stripeytiger Wed 22-Jun-11 19:49:37

Just wondering which and how many products everyone uses. I have been told I have really nice skin and don't look my age but i wonder how much of that is down to genetics or my skincare regime.

Currently (on a good day) I cleanse with Garnier cleanser and toner, then use L'oreal Youth Code serum, followed by Roc eye duo,which is a faff because you put on a grey coloured gel followed by another one, then finish off with a cream which I think also L'oreal, which promises to re-model face and neck contours...yeah right.

On a lazy day - I just a couple of baby wipes, then a bit of Johnson's face cream.

What does your regime consist of and what product do you swear by?

I want to ditch this Roc eye cream because
it's time consuming and a faff. Any recommendations?

I am 46 smile

moragbellingham Wed 22-Jun-11 20:47:55

I use the Youth code serum and day cream too.
It was remarked upon that I looked many years younger than I was before I had DC and that was when I used the daily ROC Retinox cream. I also realised that all my friends were at least 5-10 years younger so that was prob the main reason wink.

Have never used eye cream, maybe I should now.

skyebluepink Wed 22-Jun-11 21:00:51

I use one [http://www.rosehipoil.co.uk/index.html]

I don't really know if it works but other stuff makes my face itch and this feels nourishing and nice - I think I don't look that old but my mum looks young so it could all be genetics.

skyebluepink Wed 22-Jun-11 21:01:22

www.rosehipoil.co.uk/index.html
this one

wimpybar Wed 22-Jun-11 21:02:24

just moisturiser, have tried serums and primers but imo they only make your skin feel softer and that's it really

skyebluepink Wed 22-Jun-11 21:05:11

Otchineye has a lot to say about this I'll see if I can find thread

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 22-Jun-11 21:07:56

I splash my face with water in the shower.

I use Neutrogena day cream with active soy SPF 15, from Superdrug £7.99, on my face and neck, and Roc undereye cream.

If I have been wearing makeup I take my eye makeup off with Body Shop cammomile eyemakeup remover.

LetThereBeCake Wed 22-Jun-11 21:08:42

I use nothing.

splash face with water in shower.

Any time I use a product my skin gets dry or greasy and spotty.

applechutney Wed 22-Jun-11 21:21:21

I use Boots Protect and Perfect serum, then their Lift and Luminate mosturiser, usually followed by their lift and Luminate foundation.

I find it gives a really good result, my skin looks quite dewy and fresh (I used this exact description of my skin on a thread here a week or so ago, so apologies if you read it before and think I'm banging on grin).

I'm 45.

I just remembered I never mentioned what cleanser - I think it's a loreal for raddled old hags type.

WowOoo Wed 22-Jun-11 21:25:22

Just Neal's Yard oil if my face is dry.
Wash with a Neal's Yard facewash too or plain soap.

If use anything stronger it makes my skin go itchy and sting.

bucaneve Wed 22-Jun-11 22:29:16

Usually just cold water.

Sometimes use moisturizer (cheapy aloe vera or vaseline brand) if my skin is feeling dry.

My skin looks lovely, but is really dry and sensitive and whenever I try anything new (e.g. face mask, cleanser etc) it gets itchy/rashy.

What is serum? Is it like hair serum in texture?

BoattoBolivia Wed 22-Jun-11 22:32:28

I'm often complimented on my skin and I have only ever used E45! When I wear make up ( special occasions only) I just use boots own brand eye make up remover!

LizzieMint73 Wed 22-Jun-11 22:43:15

Part of it is probably genetics, but I think another very significant factor is using moisturiser with sunscreen in it. I am 38 and wear make up about 2/3 times a year but my entire 'beauty regime' boils down to using whatever foaming face wash and sunscreen included moisturiser is on offer in boots or the supermarket. That's it and I still get asked for id on the odd occasion when buying alcohol. My mum and sisters probably also look younger than their peers sometimes as well and I have to be careful cos I often think that friends and acquaintances are older than me based on what they look like compared to me and I then find out they are late 20s/early 30s........

lookingfoxy Wed 22-Jun-11 23:06:09

I use retin a cream at night and boots no7 cream with spf 30 during the day, wash with any mild face wash.

Ryoko Thu 23-Jun-11 00:09:54

I'm 32, still get asked for ID to buy booze and have been accused of being a teenager.

I wash my face with a bar of soap and a cloth, once or twice a week I mix honey with cane sugar and stick it on my face as a scrub, I put Bio/Rescue Oil on my face as a moisteriser or if I'm going out Sudocrem as it makes a good make-up base.

I've all ways used the cheapest products I can find that do the job, I don't take any notice of advertised miracle cures and silly named ingredients, at the end of the day nothing is better and kinder to skin then a plain bar of soap and pretty much anything with oils in moisterises.

tinker316 Thu 23-Jun-11 09:22:48

I just use E45 cream- if I do wear make up I use Benefit porefector & Nivea young tinted moisturiser

tinker316 Thu 23-Jun-11 09:26:48

Night time I use simple wipes & every other night Johnsons face scrub. I also get asked I.d - which is nice wink despite how shattered I feel chasing after my 13 mth DD!!

neshi Thu 23-Jun-11 10:06:25

I have quite a basic routine: morning just wash with simple face wash followed by a serum (n7 protect & perfect now) and a moisturiser (clinique moisture surge)
Night time I always cleanse with DHC deep cleansing oil (best of the best for me!!) followed by Bio oil!!
I can say I'm often complimented on my skin smile

stripeytiger Thu 23-Jun-11 13:36:28

Thanks for all the replies. Think I should ditch some of my more expensive items and just use a good basic moisturiser.

MooMooFarm Thu 23-Jun-11 13:44:23

I'll use anything as long as it has a good sun protection filter in it. It's been proved over and over that sun protection is the only anti-ageing product that actually works.

Goodynuff Thu 23-Jun-11 16:15:40

I just use water to wash, followed by Bodyshop teatree oil moisturizer. Supposedly I don't look my age grin

I remove makeup with a simple cleansing wipe and in the mornings I moisturise with olay!! Thats all I do and I have really nice skin!! No wrinkles as yet...less is more and all that smile

LaurieFairyCake Thu 23-Jun-11 16:50:58

Daytime: Protect and Perfect Serum then Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser

Nightime: Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum, ROC night cream, Garnier rollerball eye thingy or any eye cream on the go.

Make-up removal: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

The two lots of serum have made a massive difference to my face in the last month - one friend has asked if I've had Botox. I've honestly knocked myself back to 30 again (am 39).

stripeytiger Thu 23-Jun-11 21:01:30

Laurie, I love Liz Earle products, would buy them all the time but they are a bit expensive, probably worth the money though.

I used to use No.7 Protect & Perfect but switched to Youth Code but think if i continue to use a serum, will go back to No 7, think it has the edge.

May try No 7 eye cream because the Roc 2 product system is a faff especially you're pushed for time in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now