Talk

Advanced search

buying some make up basics - recommendations needed please...

(7 Posts)
clivesummer Wed 22-Jun-11 19:31:20

Need your wisdom please ladies. I'm planning on treating myself to some beauty products next week for my birthday. I'm thinking a tinted moisturiser and concealer are the main ones needed (I find foundation too heavy for everyday, and have some serious bags under my eyes!)

Is Laura Mercier as good as the hype suggests? And would Bobbi Brown be the way to go with the concealerr? If so, which ones and what kind of prices?

I also need a bronzer, but are they a bit dated, would creme blusher be better?

Oh! And I love a good eyeliner too. Anything easy to apply is a bonus as I have a 4 month old (hence the under eye damage!)

All suggestions gratefully received, thanks!

chipstick10 Wed 22-Jun-11 19:39:41

Bobbi brown defo he way to go for concelor. Tinted moisturiser i prefer mac. The colours are wrong for me with laura mercier. The Nude is too pink for me and sand is too beige. Mac is perfect and its a lovely coverage. Bobbi Brown does a great gel eyeliner its fab and dead easy to use. Bronzer i go for mac, its very natural, although nars are good for bronzers. Channel do a creme bronzer. Hope this helps. Bronzer is nice as long as its not too heavy and maybe add a tiny bit of pink blush on apple of cheeks.

kittywalker Wed 22-Jun-11 19:41:59

Same as chipstick I love my MAC tinted moisturiser and bronzer.

TheBolter Wed 22-Jun-11 19:42:36

Laura Mercier IS the dog's.

I cannot recommend it enough!

dirgeinvegas Wed 22-Jun-11 20:06:38

Stupa do a lovely cream blusher called Convertible (can be used on cheeks, eyes, lips but I prefer just cheeks). Really makes me glow.

I also picked up two copies of Glamour magazine today (£2) for some mini Benefit products - Highbeam and Posie Tint and I have to say I like them so much I think I'm going to buy the full size ones when these run out.

Second vote for Bobbi Brown concealer (the one with the powder). It's brilliant.

dirgeinvegas Wed 22-Jun-11 20:08:00

Oh and eyeliner - I like Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel eyeliner. Fool proof!

dirgeinvegas Wed 22-Jun-11 20:09:05

Stila not stupa - posting from iPhone sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now