Talk

Advanced search

trip to stavanager

(8 Posts)
kittydreamer Wed 22-Jun-11 14:59:59

Help I am going to Stavanger in Norway for 5 days in a couple of weeks time .Firstly how can I accurately find out the weather conditions there and secondly what clothing should I take? Will be generally wandering and sight seeing and eating out. Am a casual dresser.

FGM Wed 22-Jun-11 17:30:23

OK, from memory...
Stavanger is a small city which has a lot of foreign visitors courtesy of the oil/ gas industry based there. Norwegians are quite cool/ unfussy in their dress IMO. Be prepared for rain- it's on the west coast after all! I'd look up weather on the BBC online site- you can specify location.
For super-fresh sea-food snacks go down to the dock area and buy something from the stalls there. Raisinball (raisinbolle) are a trad snack as well as brown cheese (brunost)- which is a sweet softish goat cheese (honestly better than you'd imagine) Be prepared for everything to be expensive especially alcohol. If you are visiting friends you could take some duty free for pre-going out!
Also visit the gas&oil museum- more exciting than you'd imagine.
Have great fish/ smoked fish and sea food. Sorry I can't remeber any specific venues.

HTH

FGM Wed 22-Jun-11 17:32:06

as far as what to wear- cool/ functional/ casual autumn wear

FGM Wed 22-Jun-11 17:33:11

oh and they tend to get "our" weather a few days later and couple of degrees cooler IYSWIM

kittydreamer Wed 22-Jun-11 18:49:24

thanks for the tips anymore gratefully received

KorrallKrabba Wed 22-Jun-11 18:55:36

Definitely layering options and one pair of closed shoes in case it's a bit blustery; a light waterproof jacket and a brolly - which you hopefully won't need, but would be a pain to buy.

JennyPiccolo Wed 22-Jun-11 19:02:47

Weather is roughly the same as north east of scotland.

so expensive for booze! Was around £25 for a 6 pack of beers in the supermarket so definitely take duty free with you. Loads of people make moonshine homebrew in their houses but we were advised that it's quite dangerous to drink it. (think it's illegal as well, actually)

Mostly ate fiskepudding which is like a fishy omelettey thing you get as a sausage shape and cut off slices of it and fry it.

DonaAna Wed 22-Jun-11 19:03:11

www.weather.com of course
and it will almost certainly rain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now