Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where can I get a good body shaper? You know the suck it all in type thing!

(10 Posts)
kittywalker Wed 22-Jun-11 14:28:17

I have had a quick look at M&S but the reviews on their one isn't great!

Fimbo Wed 22-Jun-11 14:29:07

John Lewis?

House of Fraser?


Primarni had them, don't know how good they would be though.

Fimbo Wed 22-Jun-11 14:31:13

Good Housekeeping (!) reviews

kittywalker Wed 22-Jun-11 14:35:19

Thanks Fimbo that's great smile

Lipstickgal Wed 22-Jun-11 14:45:53

Well if you don't want to splash the cash I can recommend the shapewear range at Peacocks which you can buy online too. Primark also has some great styles depending on your needs. Prices are about £5 a piece. Both ranges stay put and wash well and are really worth the money.

kittywalker Wed 22-Jun-11 14:46:54

Worth knowing Lipstickgal. I shall have a look there too!

Lipstickgal Wed 22-Jun-11 14:47:23

Which leaves more money for far more pressing matters like (ahem) lipstick and shoes.......

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-11 17:27:18

I got a variety of Flexees from Free next day delivery and free returns. I went with the slip type one - like a tight mini dress.

LolaLadybird Wed 22-Jun-11 22:53:28

Spanx pants - I got mine online from John Lewis and they are fab. The ones I have stretch from just under bust right down to mid-thigh. Not something I'd want to wear every day but very good for evening out, special occasion etc - smooths out all the lumps and bumps and give nice streamlined look.

wimpybar Wed 22-Jun-11 22:55:11

i have a maidenform tummy shaper from figleaves, that sucks all fat right in grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: