Talk

Advanced search

What do you think is better for a teenager, curling tongs or one of those new fangled wand things?

(9 Posts)
Fimbo Wed 22-Jun-11 11:48:13

I am scared she will burn herself trying to do the back with tongs, but not sure those wand things will be any better. She wants to add curls to her hair for parties, weekends out shopping with her friends etc etc. Have tried with straightners but it takes forever.

TattyDevine Wed 22-Jun-11 11:49:16

Something with auto-shutoff! Teens are forgetful! grin

TattyDevine Wed 22-Jun-11 11:51:32

I wouldn't recommend the Yogi wand either...you are supposed to use a glove and just wind it round etc. But I burnt myself with it on two occasions - once on my forehead, and once on my collarbone!!! Okay so I am a spanner perhaps but the burn was awful!

ShakinScarecrow Wed 22-Jun-11 11:51:37

Definitely the wand - better results and easier to use. You will need a heat protective glove though - they are usually made out of kevlar. These should come in the box, otherwise they are a few quid on ebay.

Oh, and I second the auto-shut off option - you don't want your house burning down!

Fimbo Wed 22-Jun-11 11:52:18

Ah yes, I remember the days at school in the 80's, running back home at lunchtime as I hadn't switched my tongs off! Carpet burns is all I need!

The wand it appears comes with a glove to stop you from burning yourself so may get one of them.

TattyDevine Wed 22-Jun-11 11:52:31

Though I've got one I can sell you if you decide to go for it anyway grin

Used twice grin

<<applies aloe vera to old scars>>

Fimbo Wed 22-Jun-11 11:54:06

Sorry x posts. If she burns herself it will be more money down the drain as she will never look at the thing again. She is spending her birthday money on a curling device.

TattyDevine Wed 22-Jun-11 12:23:34

Right!

If I were you I'd grab the box, instructions (once she's read them and digested them), bits and pieces off her and put them somewhere safe (or tell her to) for a couple of months because if it does gather dust and not get used for whatever reason or doesn't work out, they tend to sell well on eBay if its boxed up with instructions etc - you can sell it "used a couple of times, not liked" or something like that and get at least 50% back usually - sometimes more.

I sold my Babyliss Big Hair for a profit because they'd gone out of stock in the shops around the time I sold it and it was just before Christmas so people were desperate grin

(I listed it less by the way but people just kept bidding)

Fimbo Wed 22-Jun-11 13:36:59

Ooh Tatty tell me more about the big hair. Why did you not like it?

Thanks for your help btw smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now